Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #1

really???

just saw a liberty mutual commercial
are kids really so dumbed down that they can't even change a tire...
sad world we live in

Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #2

Yes they are

Old 01-16-2018, 08:44 PM   #3

If we as parents don't teach them what does one expect ???

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Old 01-16-2018, 08:45 PM   #4

When was the last time that you offered a young kid $5 to mow your yard. You have a lot of grief coming...
Old 01-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
just saw a liberty mutual commercial
are kids really so dumbed down that they can't even change a tire...
sad world we live in
Today's reality.

My neighbor is 25 and he asked if I knew how to install a doorknob because the one he had was backwards. He said the keyhole needed to be on the outside and his was on the inside. I started to laugh but went over anyway. He pulled it out of the bag and began to show me by holding it up to the door. All of a sudden he said, "Huh, I could have sworn I bought the wrong one but now it looks as though it is the correct one. I swear when I held it up the first time it was the other way."

After several minutes trying to explain it to him I figured it would be quicker to just go ahead and do it.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #6

This could be the never ending story. I say beat the parents for leaving us to raise them. LOL...
Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #7

My son was pissed when I told him that I would teach him how to change a tire instead of paying for roadside service.
He was even more pissed when he got a flat after not learning how to change the tire that day.
Lesson taught. Perhaps not learned......we will see. The invitation to learn how to change a tire still stands. As well as how to save money and jump Start a car.....
Old 01-16-2018, 09:02 PM   #8

We failed !!!!! We have no one to blame but ourselves..........

My kids are not wonderful but my youngest is 29. I taught him to drive on a stick, he changed a tire in our driveway at 16, because I made him. He got a 100% on his driving test he was the first in his schools history......... because I made sure he knew how............ He has never been in an accident.....

He got his masters degree and bought a reasonable house. Last month he paid off all his school loans. He still drives a stick he still owns his car he helped to buy new in 2007. He has done many home repairs on his own house including changing out his garbage disposal. He was given an outdoor table set which he recently refinished and it looks better that it did new.

Sorry I blame the parents not the kids..................... we failed..............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Old 01-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

My kids are not wonderful but my youngest is 29. I taught him to drive on a stick, he changed a tire in our driveway at 16, because I made him. He got a 100% on his driving test he was the first in his schools history......... because I made sure he knew how............ He has never been in an accident.....

He got his masters degree and bought a reasonable house. Last month he paid off all his school loans. He still drives a stick he still owns his car he helped to buy new in 2007. He has done many home repairs on his own house including changing out his garbage disposal. He was given an outdoor table set which he recently refinished and it looks better that it did new.

Sorry I blame the parents not the kids..................... we failed..............

Bingo!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

My grandson will take a broom or a leaf blower out of you hands and do it. (10 years old). We are not done yet as a planet...

Closed Thread