Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
One of my grandfather's high school grade cards dated Dec 18, 1896
That is awesome! A true prize to be kept.

2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
I have may dad's Streak-O-Lite Wagon by the Radio Steel & Mfg. Co. of Chicago, IL, he had as a kid, I think it cost about $5 back in 1936. We contacted the company, which has been renamed the Radio Flyer Mfg. Co. concerning the possibility of getting it restored. The person we talked to did some research for us and sent us via email several possibilities that we had to mach based on a photo we sent. We after contacting a toy restoration co. inquiring about the restoration and they gave us a ballpark estimate from $600-$800 mostly due to the availability of finding good color pictures of the graphics. One of these days it will be restored as we use the wagon as a base for a coffee table. The other thing is I will inherit a 1918 9mm 9+1 German Luger that was made before WWI. He was an MP with a unit charged with chasing down German Oficers after the war ended, gruesome story i'll just end it there.The only two things missing from it is the firing pin that can be changed out to make it a full automatic and the mini stock. This is particularly valuable because it was hand made with a serial number under 1000, before mass production was used. When it was appraised back in the 1970's, it was valued at $28k.

Chuck Kennedy
TV = 2003 1500HD 4x4 Chevy
Silverado Crew Cab 6.0L V8 W/3:73
2011 Rockwood HW296 16" Box
Tent Camper
HW296 is offline   Reply With Quote