Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: homebase Quitman Texas at Lake Fork
Posts: 1,388
Rent a Grandparent

This summer marks the first summer we have not had our 8 yr old granddaughter all summer
no traveling around
sons divorce has dragged on now for 9 months and no custody settlement so we can only see our little darling for three days
so looks like we will have some free time

anyone need a grandparent for a week or two
nm says they take car eof grandparents during a divorce.....DO not beleive it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinosaur Valley SP11.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	2471  
__________________

__________________
Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 80
We'd rent you if you were closer - AND we're navy, so we could even swap some sea stories!

Neither set of grandparents are near by and I hate that my little people (ages 5 and 7) barely know them. Your granddaughter is lucky to have you and i hope the custody is sorted out quickly for everyone's sake, especially hers. She's a doll.
__________________

__________________
******************
CDR, U.S. Navy
Me, him, 2 kids, 1 dog
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18
I'm a family lawyer and a mother of four and my children only have one of their four grandparents left. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Try if you can to have a good relationship with the child's mother so that she will want her daughter to spend time camping with you. You are in my thoughts!
__________________
Hills Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: homebase Quitman Texas at Lake Fork
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hills Family View Post
I'm a family lawyer and a mother of four and my children only have one of their four grandparents left. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Try if you can to have a good relationship with the child's mother so that she will want her daughter to spend time camping with you. You are in my thoughts!
we are way beyond a friendly relationship with the mother, she pretty much is off the deep end of humanity

i think the only way i could smile talking to her now, or even say happy birthday is if i was talking to her headstone.
__________________
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jaxfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jacksonville fl
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
we are way beyond a friendly relationship with the mother, she pretty much is off the deep end of humanity

i think the only way i could smile talking to her now, or even say happy birthday is if i was talking to her headstone.
With the above comment/remarks I would have to say that if she wins this ordeal, your chances of EVER taking the GD camping again is after that REALLY HOT place has ICE WATER and snow. I hope things work out for you and your GD.
__________________
jaxfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: homebase Quitman Texas at Lake Fork
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
With the above comment/remarks I would have to say that if she wins this ordeal, your chances of EVER taking the GD camping again is after that REALLY HOT place has ICE WATER and snow. I hope things work out for you and your GD.
we are very hopeful,
it has been a trying 9 months for certain.
__________________

__________________
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.