Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Being the skeptic that I am, I suspect foul play unless a distress signal was received.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #22
RKR

I would say terrorist blew it up.There were two stolen passports used to board the plane.
Sounds like it probably blew up in mid air.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #23
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
I would say terrorist blew it up.There were two stolen passports used to board the plane.
Speculation - but if true and it exploded over water which now appears as the most likely, where it the debris?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #24

Quote:
One US crash investigator said this is possible he also said if it did happen that way there would be a large debris field, no such field has been reported yet.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
where it the debris?
agreed... their are a lot of floating items like seat cushions, insulation, wiring, carpet, baggage bins, luggage.. ect. that stuff would be everywhere

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
RKR

Yup , that was my guess. I just watched 2 former 777 pilots lean towards catastrophic failure and eluded to an act on the aircraft.
I have few buddies that work over there. They cover Bangladesh , Thailand and Vietnam.
Bangladesh has always had a daily hazard (political unrest) pay and they just added Thailand last month due to political and religious activity that I'm sure I can't mention here.
That's what leads me to believe it was incident was probably caused intentionally.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #27
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Speculation - but if true and it exploded over water which now appears as the most likely, where it the debris?

I'm not sure how secure the cockpits are on foreign airlines or anything about their airport security. Couldn't a group take control of the plane if they had access to the cockpit.
It's still way too early but I think it will turn out to be something intentional. It'll more than likely take years to find out.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #28
B47

Quote:
I'm not sure how secure the cockpits are on foreign airlines or anything about their airport security. Couldn't a group take control of the plane if they had access to the cockpit.
It's still way too early but I think it will turn out to be something intentional. It'll more than likely take years to find out.
Possible,but highly unlikely. After 9/11 the FAA issued Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) 92-2. This required modifying transport category aircraft such as the 777 to prevent unauthorized persons entry into the flight deck. I have seen and used these doors many times and can testify to their strength.

Even when performing en-route inspections ( riding on the flight deck jump seat), I can say that all flight crews I have ridden with have emphasized more than once about me not opening the flight deck door inflight no matter what. The air carrier has procedures to let the flight crew know who wants entry - usually flight attendants,before ever unlocking the door.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #29

The plane was built in the US for another country that does not have to follow FAA regs no?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #30
RKR

10 4. Thanks for the insight. Maybe using a stolen passport over there is common, who knows.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
The plane was built in the US for another country that does not have to follow FAA regs no?
The FAA regs apply to civil aircraft registered in the U.S. As with anything as complicated as aircraft,there are certain things that fall outside of the regs. I can't answer your question with a simple Yes or No. The U.S. Government is involved with things like foreign countries buying U.S.aircraft and I wasn't involved in those things.

I do know that U.S. Civil aircraft are very respected by countries that have airlines so while there are probably variables to what foreign airlines may or may not want exemptions from in their U.S.built civil aircraft, the requirement for strengthen cockpit doors is probably one of those things most,if not all, airlines would want IMO.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #32

I can say to the fact on our acft (U.S. registered) execpt the F20, we received grants to install ballistic doors, they have 2 dead bolts that are only unlocked from inside with peep holes, we are cargo acft and the only other seat is behind the flight crew inside the cockpit, I surmise every airline went this way even foreign carriers but I could be wrong..

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #33
NELA

The Search For Malasyia Airlines Flight 370 Continues | The Last Refuge

The first pieces of an aircraft that mysteriously vanished in southeast Asia Saturday may have finally been found. Pieces of the Malaysia Airlines flight’s inner door and a piece of the tail was found about 50 miles south-southwest of Tho Chu island, Vietnam officials said Sunday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

CHINA - Thirty-four aircraft, 40 ships, and officials from no fewer than 8 countries are involved in the search.
That an international jet liner can apparently vanish while cruising at 35,000 feet, with no sign of a distress signal or trouble, has rattled the nerves and captured the attention of many. That is, after all, the safest portion of a flight.
Officials leading the search so far have been unable to identify a field of debris — which is unusual for a plane that may have plunged into the sea. “The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet,” a source involved in the search told Reuters.
Continue reading →

Not looking good, folks. Prayers up for the passengers and their families.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #34
B47

I'm afraid it's now a search and recovery operation rather than a search and rescue operation.

I'm still baffled by the fact that no signals have appeared.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
“The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet,” a source involved in the search
I heard this also, but disintegrated is not going to happen unless aliens hit it with a lazer beyond our technology , when the space shuttle exploded well above 32k feet, debris was scattered across many states. Only time will tell what really happened..

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #36
RKR

I'm still sticking with an intentional act. Now along with the 2 stolen passports used they have 2 more suspicious people.
The loss of life is very sad.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #37
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Just read that they're also investigating FOUR other suspicious characters on this flight, besides the two with the stolen passports. Hopefully, the investigators have also considered gleaning any satellite info by now....
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #38

Quote:
I'm still sticking with an intentional act. Now along with the 2 stolen passports used they have 2 more suspicious people.
The loss of life is very sad.
I saw that early today on the news, looks like they have a very serious problem with stolen pass ports around the world.

Info tags under the skin for all around?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #39
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I saw that early today on the news, looks like they have a very serious problem with stolen pass ports around the world.

Info tags under the skin for all around?

I'm pretty sure chips are in our future , we already chip our animals. I'm sure we'll be next.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #40

I am beginning to think that the plane did not crash where they think it would have crashed. Much of ATC these days is via transponder, not as much via primary radar returns. On a loss of power, the transponder can be inop so the plane "disappears" when it is actually still flying. From 35,000 feet, it takes a relatively long time to get to the ground. AF447 stalled at altitude, but still took 4.5 minutes to hit the ocean many miles from the initial event. Without a stall, it should take longer. The search area would be huge. Some fisherman or other mariner will find light, floating debris somewhere unexpected if the plane crashed in the ocean.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote