Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #1

Role reversal!

Remember when you folks "up north" (which is most of the US ) were wishing you were camping and I was enjoying our Roo? Well, summer has hit us full force ~ the heat, humidity, thunderstorms and bugs are making Florida seriously muggy. I suppose we could go to the beach, but will most likely will wait til the weather is better. Looking forward to the FROG campout in November

Sooooooo, enjoy your camping season ~ ~ and I will enjoy your posts about your adventures and your pix of our beautiful country~

Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #2

I'll be thinking about you enjoying your Roo in January when I'm digging out of 2 feet of snow and the temp is 0 .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #3

If you wait until November, the weather will get better.
I could not even think of spending summer in Florida unless
I had to for very good reason(s). Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #4

Wow, I'm already reading about folks planning their last campout of the season. Summer did fly by ~ This will probably be a stupid question but why don't you camp in the fall? I get not camping when the roads are treacherous but beautiful fall days and chilly fall nights by a campfire sound amazing to me. Just curious.....
Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #5

Some people call me crazy in north east ohio but I'm out from early April -November. Cool nights we run the heat and make a bigger fire. Fall camping is some of the best. This year in April it snowed on our trip. Oh well still was fun. My cousins are done and winterized after Labor Day. To me that's way too early. Enjoy your season how ever it may be but I try to wait until its a done deal.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Site Team

X2 on the fall camping , its the best

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #7

I agree, I am out April 1 and finish up mid October. Fall camping is the best up here in NY!!!!!
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max (sold)
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #8

Fall and winter camping (yup we LOVE camping in the snow) are our favorite time to be out. We don't actually camp much during the peak season. Too many people for our liking. There is NOTHING in the world like sitting by a crackling fire on a cool autumn evening or sitting by the campfire watching the snow fall. We are proud to say we've camped in every single month of the year here in the great white north and will continue to do so as long as we are able.

Get out there and camp!

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
There is NOTHING in the world like sitting by a crackling fire on a cool autumn evening or sitting by the campfire watching the snow fall.
You are absolutely right, it is pretty nice on the side of a mountain with skis on too.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Some people call me crazy in north east ohio but I'm out from early April -November. Cool nights we run the heat and make a bigger fire. Fall camping is some of the best. This year in April it snowed on our trip. Oh well still was fun. My cousins are done and winterized after Labor Day. To me that's way too early. Enjoy your season how ever it may be but I try to wait until its a done deal.
Last year we started in April and camped until the beginning of November. This year it was May, due to time constraints. But we are thinking about a trip in November this year. I agree with you.....crisp, clear nights and a campfire. Nothing better!! We had some hot weather last week while camping and we actually didn't even light the fire that night. Wasn't the same. Can't wait until our October trip in three weeks. When you have to wear a coat to take your daily walk. When the leaves on the trees are brilliant orange and red. And when you can see your breath while sitting around the fire in the morning sipping on your hot chocolate, shooting the breeze with good friends. If weather would permit, we'd camp every month of the year. But January and February rear their ugly heads and digging through two or three feet of snow and ice doesn't appeal to me very much!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #11

I enjoy camping no matter what the season. The big disappointment with fall camping for me is that some of the campgrounds I'd visit here in Minnesota close down Labor Day weekend or soon after. I am going out this weekend (dry) and one weekend in October (electric). We were out last year mid October with the popup and temperatures were down in the 20's.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #12

I am looking forward to fall camping now that I have a furnace. I look forward to the big roaring fire that people don't back away from!

I am still trying to talk the wife into Thanksgiving camping if the weather allows.
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
Site Team

From reading these posts, it's so obvious we live in such different environments. It's just now about to get comfortable camping weather down here in the deep South.........like where you can have a campfire (but we are under a burn ban right now) and the mosquitos quit bullying you so much.

We are still in the mid 90's at day and 70's at night here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
NELA

X eleventy WMTire.

I was thinking as I read the OP that if he wants to *really* fell muggy, try Louisiana in August!

I met and married DH while living in Tampa Bay for 5 years. The humidity wasn't near as bad as it is here. (sometimes I think I was nutz to move back here)

Those 2 O'clock rain showers in FL were like Old Faithful though...set your clock by 'em, ya could. But 90 degrees there didn't feel as 90 degrees here.

We're planning an October trip up to Hot Springs...if we get the jack issue resolved.

And sheesh, I didn't think about our burn ban applying to camp sites...glad you mentioned that! We may hit Caney Lake next weekend after this one. Kinda jonesin', yanno?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #15

Looking forward to some comfy camping too I saw on my weather app that its in the 70s / 50s in Phila and Hendersonville, NC where our families are from, that sounds as close to perfect as it can get to me

It's been a weird summer here ~ plenty hot of course but the last few days feel drier ~ thankfully ~ I feel the illusion of fall Oh, and no hurricanes or even good tropical storms this year. DD says it's because of the El Nino winter.

Anyways, I do enjoy hearing others experiences and hope to have some good ones coming up myself.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #16

Planning our first Halloween outing to a local CG this year up here, then time to winterize.
By the way, as of 4:44 pm EDT (2044zulu for you aviation types) Autumn began here in the northern hemisphere (spring for the Aussies and Argentina) so Walmart should have their Christmas decorations out in the next week or so.
Happy Equinox!