For those that use them, I had the rare occasion to use ours for the first time in Florida and all I got was a flash and no light. After digging out the caulking from the lense screw holes I replaced the bulb and decided to clean the other one out when I got home and had a taller ladder.
I don't know who the "Einstein" was that decided that the lense screw holes needed to be caulked shut, but they made sure they even filled the "X" slots in the screws. Brilliant! Only took 45 minutes to dig the 4 screws out using a drill bit, pick, pocket knife, flat screwdriver and needle nose pliers. Whomever did the caulking did an 'A' no. 1 job. He filled them full!