Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #11
Enjoy the trip and memories with your nephew and with modern medicine you should be able to snow bird. I know how it feels to disappoint, I had emergency heart cath early march and that cancelled spring break trip with grandkids and they were pretty good as we promised them a couple trips this summer. Now with another trip planned for late July I ended up with a pacemaker installed last night as heart was only beating at 35-40 per minute. Feel much better today but we'll have to see how I am in 3 weeks or so. Told kids we can probably go as I can drive by then and they and DW can pick up the slack of connecting and disconnecting.
Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.

Mark & Barb
2013 8289WS Platinum Pkg
2008 F350 King Ranch CC 6.4
2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #12
Mark- best of luck to you and your recovery. Camping with wife and grandkids will probably be the best medicine.

2014 Sunseeker 3010DS
With chocolate, all is well
richardwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #13
Wow, that's rough sauce! Here's hoping for a quick recovery and better health!
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #14
Sorry to here about this, but I'm sure it's for the best. Make some good camping memories with the nephew, as I'm sure he will remember them for a lifetime. After your surgery while your recovering you can make up all your plans for when you go full time. Keep us advised, have a good camping trip, surgery, and a speedy recovery.
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3025W (REMEDY)
2014 Dodge 2500 6.7 CTD, 6 Burnin 4 Turnin
Full-timers since 12 AUG 14

Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
Had a great weekend with my nephew. He would not sleep in the motor home. He is so into the Boy Scouts, now as assistant troop leader, he brought his pack and tent. He did use our bathroom once. Cooked us dinner one night in his dutch oven. He said it's the start of a new family tradition. I agree.
2014 Sunseeker 3010DS
With chocolate, all is well
richardwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #16
BSA, there is no better organization in todays PC society, that allows young men, like your nephew, to learn then demonstate BSA skills and help others. Isn't amazing to watch as they grow and develope in the scouting program. He certainly did a good turn. Encourage him to attain the rank of Eagle, it will help him his entire life.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #17
Mr. Wise. Good luck with the surgery in a few weeks and get back to camping soon. Great to hear about the nephew and scouts. I did it with my son from tigers up to his earning his Eagle rank. In fact we were on the bus heading to Philmont Boy Scout Ranch when we got word his was approved. Just had him, his wife and 5 month old daughter with us this weekend over night camping. It was great.

Good luck again. Speedy recovery.

2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
1987 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote