Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Nice set up. I'm more of a AR fan although I do like the 7.62 cal better than 5.56. I guess all the time in the Marines working on ARs got me hooked.
I too love ARs. Had one while I was in the AF but sold it back then. The AR is like a fine tuned sports car whereas the AK is like a Hummer

Old 05-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #22
Retired on the weekends

My full time carry weapon is a Ruger LC9 with CT laser. I have an XDS as well, how do you like yours? Is it the 45 or 9mm?

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
Old 05-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #23

That custom Kimber is beautiful. I love the snake skin. What's up with the FTF? Have you sent it in to Kimber. That should run perfect.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #24

Camping and shooting can go hand in hand. In Okeechobee FL there are two great shooting ranges with pistol rifle cowboy and sporting clays. Very nice place. Being full time I really miss having a back yard to just shoot. They frown on shooting from my camp site.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #25

Quote:
That custom Kimber is beautiful. I love the snake skin. What's up with the FTF? Have you sent it in to Kimber. That should run perfect.
Haven't had an FTF with it. There is nothing wrong with it. It is an extremely tight gun and prefers round nose ammo. It had an allergic reaction to my wad cutter home loads. I had to get round nose bullets and a sizing die for it. I shoot nothing but lead through it.

The Hi-Point is kind of like the AK and will chew through anything. The slide is so damn heavy that even DW can shoot it comfortably.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #26

Quote:
BTW, those Zebra grips are for show only. I have a cheap set for the range. Want to preserve the Zebras. Did the same thing with a Ruger 10/22 I bought 20 years ago. I have the original wooden stock that is basically brand new.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Trap and skeet are so much fun. We used to shoot in all weather all year in Michigan. Nothing better than a cold clear night with snow cover and a temp around 0. The birds break clean and the powder just hangs in the air. Maybe someday I'll get to do it again. Is your qualification a tactical coarse or set distance on a target range.
Qualify is straight target at several distances, also moving and shooting for other parts , no pop up targets yet for this back wood area. I won't see anything like the pop up targets in my time left.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Haven't had an FTF with it. There is nothing wrong with it. It is an extremely tight gun and prefers round nose ammo. It had an allergic reaction to my wad cutter home loads. I had to get round nose bullets and a sizing die for it. I shoot nothing but lead through it.

The Hi-Point is kind of like the AK and will chew through anything. The slide is so damn heavy that even DW can shoot it comfortably.
I would have the feed ramp polished to help with the feeding problem.

I would also suggest Buffalo Bore lead bullets as they seem to be a bit harder than some.

https://www.buffalobore.com/
Old 05-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I would have the feed ramp polished to help with the feeding problem.

I would also suggest Buffalo Bore lead bullets as they seem to be a bit harder than some.

https://www.buffalobore.com/
I thought about polishing the ramp, but after a bunch of research that's how these fine machines are. Haven't had any issues ever since I started using Hornady round nose and added the sizing die to the loader.

My buddy across the street has the new Ruger 1911 and he can shoot cheap ammo through it. I grabbed his in one hand and mine in the other and shook them both. His sounded like a can full of pennies.

Thanks for the link. Will have to give them a try.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #30

I had some FTF and return to full battery with my Sig 1911 and I polished the feed ramp and the bottom of the slide. It is way more accurate than I am and will eat whatever I feed it.