Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 08:38 PM   #1

Some info/help w/ year model

This is for a friend. Looking to see if anyone else has run into this issue and what they did. My friend purchased a used tt from a dealer. All her paperwork showed the tt purchased is a 2017; however, the other day she received her title and it states the tt she purchased is a 2016.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:55 PM   #2

Built late '16.... '17 model year

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
Site Team

The VIN should be stamped on the right side of the tongue. It should start with 4X4 if it's a Forest River RV. Take that number and look online for a VIN decoder and it'll tell you the model year.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
The VIN should be stamped on the right side of the tongue. It should start with 4X4 if it's a Forest River RV. Take that number and look online for a VIN decoder and it'll tell you the model year.
The vin lists it as a 2016 per DMV and the title. Problem all paperwork from dealer when purchased list as a 2017 and was advertised as a 2017. My friend is now looking at what recourse she may have against the dealer. She paid price based on 2017.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
Site Team

The tenth digit of the VIN is the year model

G=2016
H=2017
J=2018

I would verify that the DMV got it correct first from the VIN..then go from there.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:37 AM   #6

I bought a 2013. I emailed Forrest River for the build sheet. Unit was built july '12, is posted as '13. Floor plan is '13, suspension is '12. I'm guessing unles unit built in middle of model year, nothing is certain.
c3prret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing1 View Post
The vin lists it as a 2016 per DMV and the title. Problem all paperwork from dealer when purchased list as a 2017 and was advertised as a 2017. My friend is now looking at what recourse she may have against the dealer. She paid price based on 2017.
I would suppose there could be recourse against the dealer if it was misrepresented and financial harm was incurred. Most lawyers would give the case a 30 minute "glance" for no charge and advise if there is a case.

I had a similar error on my dealers part. The Salesman wrote down one number of the VIN wrong. When I took the sales sheet to my insurance company for a quote they looked up the VIN and told me I had a Wildcat, not a Micro Lite. Big difference in insurance cost. I took a picture of the VIN tag and sent it to my Agent. He got it fixed and I didn't have to pay the higher rate. State Registration was done from Certificate of Origin or at least THAT part was right.

I guess the real question is whether there was any real damage incurred or is it just perceived?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I would suppose there could be recourse against the dealer if it was misrepresented and financial harm was incurred. Most lawyers would give the case a 30 minute "glance" for no charge and advise if there is a case.

I had a similar error on my dealers part. The Salesman wrote down one number of the VIN wrong. When I took the sales sheet to my insurance company for a quote they looked up the VIN and told me I had a Wildcat, not a Micro Lite. Big difference in insurance cost. I took a picture of the VIN tag and sent it to my Agent. He got it fixed and I didn't have to pay the higher rate. State Registration was done from Certificate of Origin or at least THAT part was right.

I guess the real question is whether there was any real damage incurred or is it just perceived?
Damage none. Problem is she paid the price for a 2017 and it’s a 2016. I would assum there is a price difference between 2016 and 2017.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #9

Question about my model

Just new to the forum. Currently have a 2012 Wildwood, model says T21CK. Getting ready to sell it to get into something a little bigger. Buyer goes to credit union to secure financing. They are having trouble finding this model, almost as if it doesn't exist. I search everywhere for it and am turning up nothing.

It is really confounding to me. Can anyone provide me any specifics on this model or why I cannot locate it and get ny information on it?

What is strange is that all I can find is the T21CK in 2011 but under Salem. All the stickers on my trailer say Wildwood by Forest River.
Utahsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #10

When we bought our A-frame last summer (July/Aug), we wanted a 2018 because we didn't like the 2019 changes. Dealer had what VIN said was a 2019, but was exactly like the 2018s. Dealer explained and FR confirmed, that they start the next model year in April/May so the "newer" model year is available during the summer sale season. In the industry, they are called "early" 2019s, but have no changes from the 2018s. The changes for 2019 typically show up on the dealer lots in Sept/Oct.

FWIW, the "early" 2019 looked like it had been abused as it was being built - scratches on the paneling and poorly caulked windows and exterior fittings. Dealer took off another $600 for the shoddy construction, and still spent hours and hours making it as new as they could. Even vacuumed all the sawdust out of the interior. Result, we got a good trailer for a good price.

what I learned
Fred W
early 2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahsooner View Post
Just new to the forum. Currently have a 2012 Wildwood, model says T21CK. Getting ready to sell it to get into something a little bigger. Buyer goes to credit union to secure financing. They are having trouble finding this model, almost as if it doesn't exist. I search everywhere for it and am turning up nothing.

It is really confounding to me. Can anyone provide me any specifics on this model or why I cannot locate it and get ny information on it?

What is strange is that all I can find is the T21CK in 2011 but under Salem. All the stickers on my trailer say Wildwood by Forest River.
That's because your Wildwood was manufactured by the West Coast FR factories.
Here's a link to the NADA listings. The 21CK was only made out West, not in the Midwest factories.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2012/...ifornia-Oregon

By the way, Wildwood and Salem are twin brands.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote