Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Camper Less Camping

It is nice to work less before/during/after a vacation when taking trips without the camper....

Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
Where you staying in NSB? I grew up going there in the summers and absolutely love that place. Make sure to get over to Manny's to have some pizza and a greek salad.
DW and I stayed at New Smyrna Beach RV Park and Campground back in 2010 (first time staying there in an RV) and liked it pretty well.
Don't tell my 5er but I secretly miss walking off the balcony of our condo and being on the beach. At least there we could drive from the CG and park on the beach for the day.
Nice---wife and I have been coming here for 15 years or so. Still feels the same as not much has changed. About 6 years ago I found a house on line for rent on 6th ave behind bagel world and just a block from the beach. The family that owns it is great and really has stocked it with good stuff including kids thing( not just toys but pack and play, high chair and so on) private pool and good price. This is out 4th time staying here....

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Still feels the same as not much has changed.
That is one of my favorite qualities of NSB
Old 08-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
It is nice to work less before/during/after a vacation when taking trips without the camper....
This is precisely why we are going seasonal next year. Too much packing, hook up, get to campground, set up, enjoy a full day, pack back up, hook back up, get home and unpack again. We'll be able to grab some clothes and food, jump in the car and be ready to camp in 15 minutes. Leave late Sunday too if we want.

Back on topic though. It is nice to vacation other than just the camper. I love the outdoors but we also like variety in our lives.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post

That is one of my favorite qualities of NSB
I agree!
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
This is precisely why we are going seasonal next year. Too much packing, hook up, get to campground, set up, enjoy a full day, pack back up, hook back up, get home and unpack again. We'll be able to grab some clothes and food, jump in the car and be ready to camp in 15 minutes. Leave late Sunday too if we want.

Back on topic though. It is nice to vacation other than just the camper. I love the outdoors but we also like variety in our lives.
Leaving late on Sunday is great. Actually, we know of one campground that allows 4 p.m. checkouts on Sundays, no extra charge. Still have to unload when we get home, but it's only 9 miles away.

Everyone is different, but we left the cruises (12 of them) and the airlines behind when we started camping and haven't looked back. Now our dog always goes with us. We may go back someday, but we're not missing it after 8 years with the campers. Never say never, though.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
ryan ... is the camaro yours or a rental. either way, how did you like it? looking into new z/28 as soon as the last kid graduates high school next year. oldest will be graduated from college, and the other is air force bound. wife doesnt like the idea that i dont want an automatic, and is considerably less than thrilled they are not offered with a/c.
Z/28 is supposed to have A/C as an option, it's just not standard equipment like it has been on all other models so it can stay true to its from (I had an old Z/28 and guess what, with no A/c, seems fitting, lol)
Old 08-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #18
phat phrog stunt crew

they wanted to delete stereo too, but needed a speaker for the key in ignition chime, so you get bare stereo.