Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #41

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170601_193257888_HDR.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	140843

Lit this RyJ Habana Short Church just before sunset. Wind was blowing so hard here in central Iowa. Didn't want Mother Nature smoking more than me. 😁
Nights camped: ‘18 - 27, ‘19 - 27, ‘20 - 30, ‘21 - 49

twohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #42

I thought the thread was about Stoogies (like the 3) and camping, and I was going to comment thats why we hardly ever stay in a campground but alas, I see it's about stogies and camping,

Stinking stogies. What a putrid smell. No stinking stogies around my camper, car or house.

When I was a kid in high school, I worked after school in an ornamental iron shop and one of the welders smoked RG Dunn's and he always left the half smoked butts laying around everywhere for later so he could smoke them again....

I worked one Saturday cleaning up the shop and everytime I found a half smoked cigar butt, I carefully soaked it in cutting oil and put it back.

That Monday when I came into work, the boss told me the welder guy got sick and went home. Guess smoking cutting oil laced cigar butts isn't so good.

Never left anymore stinking cigar butts laying around after that..

That is a true story btw.

Talk about a foul smelling habit.... PU.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #43

Thanks for chiming in Sidecarflip. There are much, much stinkier things in campgrounds, like people with bad manners, negative attitudes and rightist opinions. Glad I don't encounter them often when camping. For several reasons not including that the guy was a cigar smoker, I'm also very sorry you didn't get caught poisoning a fellow worker.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohand View Post
Thanks for chiming in Sidecarflip. There are much, much stinkier things in campgrounds, like people with bad manners, negative attitudes and rightist opinions. Glad I don't encounter them often when camping. For several reasons not including that the guy was a cigar smoker, I'm also very sorry you didn't get caught poisoning a fellow worker.
I agree with you
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Attachment 140843

Lit this RyJ Habana Short Church just before sunset. Wind was blowing so hard here in central Iowa. Didn't want Mother Nature smoking more than me. 😁
Now I'm the opposite. I love a good stogie. And that one my friend looks like a great one. Alas, I rairly get to enjoy them as my DW does cancer research for A living and puts the kibash on it. I sneak them when I can😀 Enjoy it.
Dodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #46

Cohiba or maybe a Romeo and Juliet.

1 every 3-6 months or if a special occasion (like first day of retirement or the anniversary of fallen comrades).

That's about it.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodaman View Post
Now I'm the opposite. I love a good stogie. And that one my friend looks like a great one. Alas, I rairly get to enjoy them as my DW does cancer research for A living and puts the kibash on it. I sneak them when I can😀 Enjoy it.
Definitely one of my favs for the price. I do prefer the smokes from the isle south of Key West, but there are several extremely fine smokes out there not from Cuba. Try a Bodega Reunion Aperitivo if you get the chance. My DW likes most cigars I smoke. Says it reminds her of her grandfather.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I thought the thread was about Stoogies (like the 3) and camping, and I was going to comment thats why we hardly ever stay in a campground but alas, I see it's about stogies and camping,

Stinking stogies. What a putrid smell. No stinking stogies around my camper, car or house.

When I was a kid in high school, I worked after school in an ornamental iron shop and one of the welders smoked RG Dunn's and he always left the half smoked butts laying around everywhere for later so he could smoke them again....

I worked one Saturday cleaning up the shop and everytime I found a half smoked cigar butt, I carefully soaked it in cutting oil and put it back.

That Monday when I came into work, the boss told me the welder guy got sick and went home. Guess smoking cutting oil laced cigar butts isn't so good.

Never left anymore stinking cigar butts laying around after that..

That is a true story btw.

Talk about a foul smelling habit.... PU.

Wow.

I'm quite sure an admin would be upset if I said what I thought of you intentionally poisoning someone... then bragging about it.

They definitely wouldn't like what I would have done if it were me and I found out.

Definitely painting a picture of your class.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #49

You know where I stand on stinking cigars... or should I say dipped in... I was 16 then, I'm 67 now. I still have the same attitude.

Cutting oil won't kill anyone any faster than inhaling that smoke will. He got the message. I was happy with that. never had an issue with old cigar butts again.

If you want to smoke a stinker, have at it. Just don't do it in my face, or my space. Both will get you on my short end real quick.

Why most establishments have no smoking policies now. I'm not the only one who don't like the smell or the smoke.

Don't have a clue about the 'class' comment and at 67, I don't really give a hoot either.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
You know where I stand on stinking cigars... or should I say dipped in... I was 16 then, I'm 67 now. I still have the same attitude.

Cutting oil won't kill anyone any faster than inhaling that smoke will. He got the message. I was happy with that. never had an issue with old cigar butts again.

If you want to smoke a stinker, have at it. Just don't do it in my face, or my space. Both will get you on my short end real quick.

Why most establishments have no smoking policies now. I'm not the only one who don't like the smell or the smoke.

Don't have a clue about the 'class' comment and at 67, I don't really give a hoot either.
That's an easy fix. Stay away from me and we'll get along marvelously.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #51

It always makes me wonder.... People that don't like tobacco smoke, but love a campfire. Go figure.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #52

Quote:
It always makes me wonder.... People that don't like tobacco smoke, but love a campfire. Go figure.

I have tried, but can't stand smoking. However I love the smell of others smoking cigars and pipes.

Generally, I love the smell of tobacco.

I love going to the local cigar bar and drink.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #53

Quote:

There are differences...

We have a wood stove at home and love it as well as an outdoor firepit at home and at the campsite

We have a seasonal campsite on a very busy canoe livery riverfront

We do like the smell of a pipe and regular cigarettes are annoying but tolerable....cannot stand the smell of a cigar though

The "left handed" smokes we catch wind of from the canoe and kayak traffic at our riverfront site is definitely interesting as well
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #54
2016 Rockwood 8325SS

cigars

Nothing like a fine cigar at the campfire.
Barstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #55

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170622_194003376.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	142437

Not at the campsite until tomorrow, but enjoying my evening smoke and a rye on the rocks on the back porch while watching the storm roll in.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:04 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
There are differences...

We have a wood stove at home and love it as well as an outdoor firepit at home and at the campsite

We have a seasonal campsite on a very busy canoe livery riverfront

We do like the smell of a pipe and regular cigarettes are annoying but tolerable....cannot stand the smell of a cigar though

The "left handed" smokes we catch wind of from the canoe and kayak traffic at our riverfront site is definitely interesting as well
"medicinal" herb.

I can relate to the difference, but understand this... Cheap cigars stink something terrible! I don't smoke cheap cigars like White Owl, Phillie Blunts or Tiparillos. There is a HUGE difference in the aroma of cheap cigars and good cigars.

I am also a considerate smoker. I ask if it would be okay. If I'm already smoking, I'll ask if it bothers anybody. Most times people don't mind because I don't smoke cheap crappy cigars that smell like a dirty diaper burning. I have even had many people say they can't stand cigars, but like the one I'm​ smoking.

We CAN all get along if we're not posterior about it.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Cohiba or maybe a Romeo and Juliet.

1 every 3-6 months or if a special occasion (like first day of retirement or the anniversary of fallen comrades).

That's about it.

I'm the same way. Smoke on special occasions. But then, I'm also kind of like Otis Campbell about special occasions. [emoji6]

Old 06-22-2017, 09:59 PM   #58
Just as confused as you

I posted this same information about 6 months ago. Google carcinogens and campfire smoke and you will find many who say campfire smoke is a lot more carcinogenic than cigarette smoke, I did not find any comparison to cigar smoke.

Some sites to check are below.
https://www.epa.gov/burnwise/wood-smoke-and-your-health
Wood Smoke vs. Cigarette Smoke
Summer Health Myths Debunked - CBS News

The site below has a different response from someone who says campfire smoke is safer, but he doesn't give any credentials as to why he is correct.
https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-a-...igarette-smoke

Most of the information I found says campfire smoke is worse.

The reason I researched the topic is I am a cigarette smoker since 17yo, and the topic has come up at the CG we are at. You don't want to know what other things I've done over the years that (could) have been more hazardous to my health.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I posted this same information about 6 months ago. Google carcinogens and campfire smoke and you will find many who say campfire smoke is a lot more carcinogenic than cigarette smoke, I did not find any comparison to cigar smoke.

Some sites to check are below.
https://www.epa.gov/burnwise/wood-smoke-and-your-health
Wood Smoke vs. Cigarette Smoke
Summer Health Myths Debunked - CBS News

The site below has a different response from someone who says campfire smoke is safer, but he doesn't give any credentials as to why he is correct.
https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-a-...igarette-smoke

Most of the information I found says campfire smoke is worse.

The reason I researched the topic is I am a cigarette smoker since 17yo, and the topic has come up at the CG we are at. You don't want to know what other things I've done over the years that (could) have been more hazardous to my health.
Oh yes I do! Probably comparable to my history. 😎

Old 06-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #60
Just as confused as you

To keep it simple:
Eating lunch, sandwiches in middle of a field after handling herbicides or pesticides without washing hands.
Using cattle dip for rust buster and doing same as above. Dad called it panther pi**. Didn't tell us what it really was until he was 80yo.
Having car shredder start up and knocking my teeth out and getting knocked unconscious, luckily I fell back then straight down.

Enough of that, now back to your regular scheduled topic.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping