"If anything can go wrong, invariably it will."...Murphy's Law
But for me, I have noticed these things, when camping and working on my trailer....
1. Nothing is ever as simple as it first seems.
2. Everything you decide to do, costs more than first estimated.
3. Every activity takes more time than you have.
4. By trying to please everybody, somebody will be displeased.
5. Whatever you set out to do, something else must be done first.
6. If you improve or tinker with something, eventually it will break or malfunction.
7. By making something absolutely clear, someone will become confused.
8. Every clarification breeds a new question.
9. Things get worse under pressure.
10. Leftover nuts never match the number of leftover bolts.
11. The number of people watching you, is directly proportional to the stupidity of your action.
12. Never step in anything soft.
13. It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object, to realize that you are in a hurry.
14. Almost everything in life, is easier to get into, than out of.
15. When anything is used to it's full potential, it will break.
16. If it jams--force it. If it breaks, it needed replaced anyway.
17. Bad weather reports are more often right, than good ones.
18. The tendency of smoke from a campfire to drift into a person's face, varies directly with that person's sensitivity to smoke.
19. The driver's side windshield wiper always streaks and wears out first.
20. The first place to look for anything, is the last place you'd expect to find it.