Old 07-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #11
Got to experience my first eye!
Weird...from all hell blowing loose to dead calm inside of 5 minutes.
Had some minor damage and minor flooding around which has receded...but the bridge and road to Cape Hatteras is still closed. The rest of the Outer Banks are in full operation today.
Understand KOA in Hatteras has suffered significant damage & would suggest anyone with reservations there for the near term...get in touch or make other plans.

Picking up the new Georgetown 280DS finally this coming week. So excited! Will post pics etc. next weekend.

camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #12
The Bonner Bridge is now open to all Traffic.
Power restored to Ocracoke Island, expected to fully open Sunday - NBC News

Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #13
Site Team
That sucks for the KOA. I believe they had just finished rebuilding from the last time. It seems if it weren't for bad luck, they would have none.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
My son and his family (wife, daughter (9) son (13) and MIL, FIL, SIL) were headed down to Ocean Lakes last Wed. They were going to use his pop-up. I had just bought the '07 SV291 and haven't even camped in it yet, but I didn't want them down there in the pop-up, so, I let them take the Surveyor. They got to OLCG and set up about 11pm Wed. All day Thursday was high wind and rain. Fri - Sun was ok, other than rough surf, rip currents. They came through ok and the Surveyor didn't leak a drop. The tent campers at OLCG didn't fare so well from what my son said. There were a bunch of them had to spend Thurs in their cars/trucks.
53jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
There are still widespread power outages in Nova Scotia with an expectation that all power will be restored by the weekend. This will be 7 days without power for some folks. I live near a hospital and every effort is used to maintain power in my neighbourhood. Lots of blown down trees and minor property damage. i'm not sure what the speed of the wind gusts were, but it is definately some of the strongest wind gusts I have experienced. My only damage was a tangled mess of my wind chime in the back yard. We faired well.

Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote