Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #1

Trout fishing and camping

I would like to start this thread, with all our members some must know the best locations for Trout Fishing and camping on the stream or walking distance. I would like to get some quality fishing in next season. If any members have hit or like a spot I would like to know. Can't go camping anymore this year, but sure can make some plans for next year. I live on the east coast in Virginia, but do not wish to travel to the Sierra's to do it, So please let me know your favorite spots. Thanks in advance.... PS: not talking boon-docking, that time is long passed:

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #2

If you get to Pennsylvania, my favorite is Clear Creek State Park in north central PA. Half of the camp sites are on the Clarion River (trout and small mouth bass). The rest are within 100 yds of the river. This is also convenient location for fishing the streams that feed the northern drainage of the Allegheny River. It is easily accessed from I-80.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
Scoundrel

Well its not quite as far as the Sierra'. But if you're ever in Colorado give me a shout. Plenty of mountain streams and lakes with nearby FHU.

Rich J.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #4

I sure like this post! Fly fishing for trout, I hope no kill!
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
Always Learning

Pine Grove Furnace State Park has a stream within walking distance that are all natural fish. HARD fishing back there and usually small fish, but they're stunning if you're blessed to catch one.

Otherwise, a short drive gets you down to a stocked stream (Mountain Creek) and 2 lakes (Laurel Lake and Fuller Lake). Absolutely beautiful area but again- tough fishing. Been skunked there many a time.

Fly and worms are best. Spinners and salmon eggs sometimes.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #6

Thanks to all, will give me something to look up.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Pine Grove Furnace State Park has a stream within walking distance that are all natural fish. HARD fishing back there and usually small fish, but they're stunning if you're blessed to catch one.

Otherwise, a short drive gets you down to a stocked stream (Mountain Creek) and 2 lakes (Laurel Lake and Fuller Lake). Absolutely beautiful area but again- tough fishing. Been skunked there many a time.

Fly and worms are best. Spinners and salmon eggs sometimes.
Well if your at Pine Grove you HAVE to drive over to Boiling Springs and fish the Yellow Breaches. Allenberry Inn/playhouse is nice enough to allow parking.
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #8

An out of the way spot is Astico County Park in Dodge County Wisconsin. This well maintained campground sits on the Catfish River. Some sites are directly on the river, you can fish from your campfire.
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoner View Post
Well if your at Pine Grove you HAVE to drive over to Boiling Springs and fish the Yellow Breaches. Allenberry Inn/playhouse is nice enough to allow parking.
Man, I haven't fished the Yellow Breaches in 20 years!

I had a great childhood memory there- my dad and I were always waders and walked the streams. I passed 2 old guys on the other side of the creek (I hugged my side and stopped fishing while I walked past their hole) who were setup for the long haul- truck backed in, comfy chairs, etc. I had just gotten past them and threw in again and kept moving, I heard one of the guys tell the other, "you don't catch fish that way, you need to stick to a spot for a spell." I joke you not- he barely finished saying "spell" when I hooked into one! I chuckled as I brought him in and kept on movin'.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I sure like this post! Fly fishing for trout, I hope no kill!
Delaware river on the Pa./Ny. border. West branch from the Cannonsville reservoir. Huge Browns and Rainbows.
Nascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #11

To many, the concept of catch and release is foreign to them..
https://youtu.be/UE6GrJr6oVg

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping