Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Unhappy Turmoil on the Forum

After seeing the turmoil on the site the last couple of days, I hope the person(s) responsible are happy.

I hope FRF can weather the storm & prosper in the future. Too much knowledge & many helpful members for it to go down the toilet.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 10-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #2

??
Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Site Team

I share your displeasure and concern but am confident that we will get past this. Members are logging in every day to swap stories and info and help each other out. Ultimately the board is more than the posts of a few - it's a large community of folks who share a passion for rv'ing. We all participate in our own ways and in a day or so, when this has blown past, I think we'll be back to chatting as usual.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Site Team

In 9 years of managing online communities this is the first time I have had an Admin breach the trust bestowed in them and use their access to steal member info. I hope that some of this drama will just fade away and that our community will continue to thrive. If this breach does cause substantial damage to our community, the only winners will be the lawyers. It's in everyone's best interest to just move forward in a productive manner and let this fade away.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #5

I don't see how this forum can ever thrive. It is so choked down it's like walking on pins and needles.

It certinaly doesn't meet my style of a forum. I have said things in here that offend people, and I have argued points a few times. Neither of which fit this board apparantly. I have been around internet boards since the ubb threaded forums of the mid 90s. I don't think I have ever been a member of one quite like this.

I don't believe in debateless forums. Debating things is another tool to learn. When you take that away you end up with a lot of people saying things they don't always mean. In other words, you get responses like, oh that's nifty, cool, and awesome. Instead of people speaking what is really on their mind.

It's sad that many forums are started by enthusiasts but always end up being bought out by someone that tries to make money off of them. No offense Andy, I hope it all works out for you and your other boards.

Nobody should speak in fear. Like they're constantly breaking unwritten rules. Sorry that I never really made a connection with many here.

I'll leave you with, there's two sides to every story. I am sure that it will all wash out in the end.

Andy, if you feel the need to ban me for voicing my opinion, I certianly understand, it would be the first time I have ever been banned in 15 years and over 30 board memberships.
2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Old 10-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I'm on several non-RVing boards & all of them have @ least 1 member that will argue the sky is green & the sun comes up in the west. To each his own.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 10-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I don't believe in debateless forums. Debating things is another tool to learn. When you take that away you end up with a lot of people saying things they don't always mean. In other words, you get responses like, oh that's nifty, cool, and awesome. Instead of people speaking what is really on their mind.

I agree that folks need to be able to discuss a variety of topics. The issue here is that all kinds of folks own Forest River RV's and so we have some rules. They're not really very restrictive but are designed to keep discussions collegial - NICE. Posts about politics and religion are a particular problem as we are a diverse community and so we have asked members to step carefully around those topics. There are lots of place on the internet to discuss those topics but somehow an RV board doesn't seem like the right venue.

Quote:
Andy, if you feel the need to ban me for voicing my opinion, I certianly understand, it would be the first time I have ever been banned in 15 years and over 30 board memberships.
I'm not sure what that's all about. There's no banning going on for voicing a dissenting opinion so long as it's topical and polite. We have rules. They are pretty simple; be nice, don't spam, don't speak ill of others, no adult content.. simple stuff.

One final thing - you can use the report button to report a problem posts. Members are really great about doing this and it makes keeping spam and other problems to a dull roar. Really this is OUR community. Members make it what it is and can set the tone. My personal hope is that it's a welcoming one for all forest river owners. It should be easy, after all - it's about a fun topic - camping!

Closed Thread