Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Broken Toe

Watching movies...

So, yesterday, with nothing particular going on, I was flipping thru the channels on the TV when I came up on the movie "The Green Mile". Now, that movie is one of the select few movies that I am genetically compelled to watch anytime I see it. If it's on as I am channel-surfing, I will be unable to go past it, and will watch it to its conclusion. There are a few others like that. "Shawshank Redemption", "The Road Warrior", and "Die Hard", are all in that category.

I bet I have seen it a dozen times, but I realized that I have never seen the entire movie. This time I came into it at the very beginning. I had no idea there was a scene with Old Paul (Tom Hank's character) in a nursing home at the start. Upon talking to the wife about it, I realize there are quite a few movies that I have never seen completly start to finish. Oh... on some (like "A Christmas Story"), over the years I have seen the entire movie, but never start to finish. Either I come in late, or have to stop watching early.

Some of the other ones I have yet to see start-to-finish are: The Goonies, Days of Thunder, Predator, and a few others.

So, do you guys have any movies you realize you never seen in their entirety?

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Site Team

Goodfellas. I've seen probably 60% of the movie multiple times but I've never seen the ending.

I just recently watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High from start to finish for the first time. I'd only seen parts of it before that.

Also if you like The Green Mile and Shawkshank, read the books. As good as the movies are, the books are better.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
Site Team

Up until recently, I had never seen Gone With The Wind, in it's entire release. It was one of those movies, that used to come on regular television when I was a kid, usually split into two nights. It just never could hold my interest. I'd catch bits and pieces of it.

We have a theater from 1928 (rebuilt in the 50's) in a small town near us, that still operates and has the balcony seats and such. They showed GWTW not too long ago and I thought it would be cool to take my mother to it, since she was born in 1929.

We had a blast, and believe it or not, I really enjoyed the movie. It may be my age or such, but the acting in it is excellent, now that I really watched it.

There are just some movies that are always going to be better when you view them on the big screen.

A little trivia note (according to Guinness Book of World Records), GWTW is the highest grossing movie of all time. (adjusted for inflation). However it has several theatrical releases thru the years in it's history.

As far as movies I currently have never watched all the way, it would be any of the Godfather movies or Miracle on 34th Street.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #4

Titanic........but we all know how that cruise went.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote