Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Well you know it IS a little known fact... Roving bands of TV thiefs lay in wait by traffic jams waiting to pray on a nice, unsuspecting RVer to let them use their bathroom.. Just like the serial killers in their rv's hope for traffic jams to abduct people using their toilet... It is actually a very lucrative business model and tactic that proves very effective... .
Hey, don't blow my cover.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #22

Get burned once and you will be more cautious. We stopped on top of a mountain at a scenic view with no facilities. A man approached my DH and asked if we would allow his wife to us our restroom. DW said yes. She was carrying wipes and I told her not to use them, there was plenty of the correct type of tp in the bathroom. She made a total mess and you know what was everywhere. It took me 30 minutes cleaning and disinfecting before I would even let my DW in the RV to continue on. It was disgusting. Never again.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #23

This same thing happened to us on I-95 about two years ago due to a huge wreck. Traffic was backed up over two hours.
A lady came up to our window and asked to use our potty and my wife insisted I let her use it. I unlocked the door with the remote and let her in. When she left, she didn't even say thanks. When the others in the traffic jam saw this, the line started forming. I started tell everybody we were out of water to flush, but no one seemed to care. Some got very nasty. I got nasty right back!
When we finally got to our CG and set up, we noticed the medicine cabinet in the head had been emptied of all our meds, some being heavy duty pain killers which could not be replaced by law. Try replacing all your meds while you are 1,200 miles from home and over a holiday! It won't happen again!!
Everyone needs to buy the H.E.R.E kit and store it somewhere in their auto to address such occasions and not depend on others to take care of them.
Human Element Relief Equipment. It works for everybody, man or woman.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote