Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
Camping neighbors from hell has been discussed, but what do you do about a house neighbor that has no respect for the safety of your property? Neighbor has a dead cottonwood tree it's leaning right towards my Building in which I store my TT in. It's eventually going to fall and I know it's going to hit my building/TT judging by the way it's already leaning. My insurance company say if his dead tree falls and damages my property they will go after him. I have talked to him months ago.. as you can see he's done nothing and likely won't....
Listen, take matters into your own hands. When hes gone get a rope and tie it to your truck put a load on it away from your building, far enough from the truck figuring the drop zone. It's simple to calculate tree height just ask. Cut a birds mouth cut then as somebody loads the tree more make your back cut.

Clean it all up and your done. Then buy your neighbor a case of beer for trespass.

Otherwise, wait for it to slowly drop its branches and colapse, wherever gravity and wind tell it too. Actually looks pretty harmless to me. Seen worse, cut worse.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
When my healthy tree lost a big limb in a storm onto my neighbor's garage his insurance had to pay for his garage. Wasn't bad but the property line is the line...here anyway.
Generally, thats how insurance works. The only caveat by the OP is he, pre notified of the possible danger. That might change the responsibility of claim. But, most often insurance companies suck, so they would just put the claim through on your own policy. Then, later if you have issues with what they call in the industry "frequency of claims", you then run the risk of higher premiums down the road.

I'd make them subrogate to get reimbursed, so as to not tarnish my claim record. Then again, I tend to fight for whats right. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #23
Site Team

And looks like an easy drop with the correct technique.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #24

I'm thinking about telling him that I will cut it down if he wants my to. Record the conversation on my phone. Make no mention of the clean up, just say that I will cut it down. Drop it and walk away... Picture is a little deceptive it for sure will take out the fence, front part of the building and the Jammer.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #25
Anacortesians

Get a lawyer to send him a recorded-delivery letter, keeping a copy, that points out his liability for damages. It should include a cost estimate for worst case. Post a copy with your local government jurisdiction also. That might get some resolution.

Tags
camping