Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #41

We stay at Whitewater Indiana State park and it is $26 per night electric. No extras. Non-electric is about half that I think
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Zero, we always boondock camp.
ZERO.We mostly stay at Forestry Campsites. The only ammenity is possibly a pit toilet.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #43
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
... And a little sad that I didn't come find you when we were both in Orlando.
We were only there a short time, from 29Nov12 til 13Mar13.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #44

In the past few years we have transitioned over to camping mostly at Forest Campgrounds (State and National). Fees generally range from $16 - $20 a night with a reservation fee of about $9 if applicable. Almost all campgrounds are rustic (no hookups) and have water available via pump or spiget. This year we will be moving into the territory of camping outside of campgrounds (boondocking/dispersed) where there are no fees. Camping fees are number three in terms of expenses behind fuel and food. With the addition of the new camper/tow vehicle brings new expenses and plans for more trips but keeping them closer to home. Those shorter trips will also mostly be boondocking/dispersed and will also translate to no camping fees as well.

In my camping world amenities are all in the mind. I hear banjos. No weird fees either unless you consider what sorts of odd snack items the co-pilot comes out with when we fuel up at the local store. She can find some really weird things I never knew came in a wrapper. I have seen some weird rules however. The last time we stayed in a MN State Park rangers came around and informed us that the play tent our kids were doing a little make believe in (just big enough for a couple of toddlers) would have to come down as it constituted an additional sleeping structure and was in violation of the rules.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #45

We pay 3000 for season, water and sewer included, hydro on meter (usually about $250 a year). We also have free wifi, pool, hot tub and sauna. They have several wagon rides per week (most are wet). Wet wagon rides have the seasonal campers with water guns waiting for the wagon to go past. The riders also have water guns and will fight back. Last year the owner of the CG made his own super soaker 2012. He had a 200 gal tank on a wagon with a gas water pump. He would fallow the wagon around spraying the riders with water. Great fun on the hot summer days. In the fall the owners have a spooky walk. The owner is an engineer by trade and many of the displays are animated. It is scary and takes about 20 mins to walk through. They also have the scary wagon ride. They made a trail through the woods. The wagon ride takes place after dark and the seasonal campers will hide in the woods and do different things to scare the riders. It is all in fun and no one gets hurt. Some people are to scared they will not go on a second ride.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote