Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: What Cellphone Carrier to have and like the best?
AT&T 19 19.39%
Sprint 3 3.06%
T-Mobile 3 3.06%
Cricket 0 0%
Metro-PC 0 0%
Other 35 35.71%
Verizon 38 38.78%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #81

Spend a day or two in my area and you won't like Verizon very well. But, go five miles down the road and you won't like AT&T very well either.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:10 AM   #82

I've had..........

..........AT&T, Sprint, Metro PCS and now on Verizon.

Here are my thoughts.

I retired from ATT as an outside tech and did a lot of work supply T1 circuits to many cells sites of different companies. They're all about the same physically at the cell sites but it's all in how they are managed IMO.

ATT was okay as they even offered me a discount being an employee.

I switched to Verizon because I travel a lot now that I'm retired and Verizon seems to have better coverage.

Metro PCS has limited coverage once you get outside of a populated area.

Once when I had Sprint, I noticed I had no coverage near my home for a week. I know that cell sites have issues with the local phone companies so didn't think much of it until the 5th day and decided to call their repair service. They found out that they had a bunch of cell towers out of service nearby and they didn't even know! Most cell companies have alarms on their cell tower equipment and at their servers to notify them of outages.

I don't know if it's still the same, but T-Mobile didn't have their own networks before. They would ride the backbone of other carriers.
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote