Old 03-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #101
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I guess it depends on the individual Fed and the particular agency he/she works for,but I have always felt that the FAA and especially the FAA division I worked in as an inspector ( Flight Standards) really performs a valuable service to the American flying public. Flight Standards is the FAA division whose inspectors are those people who you might see inspecting aircraft,mechanics,giving check rides to pilots,performing en-route inspections sitting in the aircraft flight deck jump seat,etc.and many behind the scences activities that you never see. This goes to making and keeping the American aviation industry one of the safest in the world and copied by many other countries.

Yeah I have used the " I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" line before,but only as a light hearted way to perhaps break the ice when dealing with some individuals who might be a little nervous dealing with a FAA inspector for the first time. Sometimes it helped and sometimes it didn't.

So I guess my point is that not all government agencies are bad IMO.
I never intended my post in a negative way B47. That's why I put the grin at the end of it. I used it in a "wink wink" sort of way.

I too perform a valuable and much needed service.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #102

Been a flooring installer over 20 years now.Wife has been in food ingredients for over 20 years aswell

Old 03-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #103
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I never intended my post in a negative way B47. That's why I put the grin at the end of it. I used it in a "wink wink" sort of way.

I too perform a valuable and much needed service.
Check your PM box soon.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #104
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Retired after 36 years in route sales for major snack food company. I now work part time driving school bus 20 hrs/wk and every other weekend driving shuttle bus at a local ski resort. I have holidays, spring break, snow days and summers off. This doesn't feel like work, but I still get paid for it.
Dw still has a year to go till retirement as an EMT.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #105
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Retired after 36 years in route sales for major snack food company. I now work part time driving school bus 20 hrs/wk and every other weekend driving shuttle bus at a local ski resort. I have holidays, spring break, snow days and summers off. This doesn't feel like work, but I still get paid for it.
Dw still has a year to go till retirement as an EMT.
I think we have paid into your retirement plan - Frito-Lay are about the only chips/dips we buy.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #106
NELA

Quote:
Check your PM box soon.

Did, and responded...

TAG... YER IT!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #107
RKR

I work in the oilfield to get that stuff out of the ground that keeps everybody able to get down the road.
My wife and I also own a software and website design company that she runs. The last of 3 kiddos graduated from college last May and is currently in the process to be a fireman. It's our time to roam around and "glamp" in comfort.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #108
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
I work in the oilfield to get that stuff out of the ground that keeps everybody able to get down the road.
My wife and I also own a software and website design company that she runs. The last of 3 kiddos graduated from college last May and is currently in the process to be a fireman. It's our time to roam around and "glamp" in comfort.
I see you call Laredo home - is there oil there or do you commute to Midland/Odessa for work?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #109

pre retired

we have worked hard all of our lives and made good decisions with our money investments so now we are pre-retired enjoying every month we can... oh by the way we are new to this forum, this is my first post looking to go from motor home 30' to 5r 40 vengeance in the next two weeks
Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #110
RKR

Quote:
I see you call Laredo home - is there oil there or do you commute to Midland/Odessa for work?

No commute for me. I've been down here for 15 years mostly gas drilling but the Eagle Ford shale took off in 2009 so now it's pretty much all oil drilling. We have crews in the Permian though.
We're in the process though of moving to San Antonio. The company I work for wants me to move there and be a manager at the new yard.They gave me a complete move package so what the heck. It just screws up our spring travel plans though.

Tags
camping