Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #21

Stirfry is always good, have the metal basket that sits on grill, just cook up whatever meat you want remove from basket and cut up whatever veggies you like toss in olive oil and seasoning cook till crispy tender add meat heat till hot, serve over rice and enjoy.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
Whatever we can cook over a fire.....favorites are ribs or lamb kabobs. Many times for lunch we make pizzas in cast iron skillets and cook them over the fire. We eat better camping than we do at home because we have the time to cook!
I need this recipe for cast iron skillet pizza, but don't tell DH, it will be a surprise!
He loves cast iron cooking and pizza.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #23

In the summer, we cook outside mostly. Keeps heat out of the trailer.

Menus items on the grill: Hamburgers and hot dogs, steaks, pork chops, grilled chicken, and BBQ.
I also use a burner that I can deep fry or add the disc (similar to a large wok) that we can do fried chicken, french fries or fish. Deep pan and water, boiled shrimp, corn and potatoes. Soups and strews are good in cooler weather. Put the disc on the burner and cook fajitas or a complete breakfast: Eggs, bacon, sauage.

What ever you cook when camping, just taste better.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
I need this recipe for cast iron skillet pizza, but don't tell DH, it will be a surprise!
He loves cast iron cooking and pizza.
Rub a small amt oil on bottom of skillet (I use a paper towel). I use pizza dough that you get in a tube at the grocery store, just unroll and press into bottom of skillet. Cover with lid and cook for a few minutes. Flip crust then add your favorite toppings. Cover and finish cooking over fire. We have also tried it without flipping the dough but it's doesnt get cooked the whole way through.

Enjoy!!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #25

We love breakfast skillets! In a skillet brown a package of breakfast potatoes, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, ham or bacon, scrambled eggs and then add cheese. And compliment it with a well garnished Bloody Mary!
For dinner if it is just the two of us for a special treat, we love grilling seafood. Fish, shrimp, or scallops are very easy to do. We have even grilled crab legs! Not quite the usual camping fare, but we like to make our camping trips special!

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #26

Since we are sharing-😄

Beer Margaritas!

4 Corona lights
1 can frozen limeade (thawed)
3 shots tequila
2 shots triple seq

Mix everything in a pitcher and season to tolerance! Pour over ice and enjoy.

Can't think of better camping than that! 😝

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #27

I used to cook more camping than at home! Thankfully, I learned to do yummy meals without so much work.

I usually pick up subs for the "post set up" meal so that's quick, easy, and delish. Usually bring stuff to grill, pre-made salads, and things that are quick and easy to put together and clean up. When it's just the two of us, we usually snack along then go out for a nice meal at a local restaurant ~ just look for the cars ~ you'll find good food It's a good way to get a real flavor of the area you're visiting.

I agree, whatever you fix camping just tastes better especially bacon!!!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #28
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
Rub a small amt oil on bottom of skillet (I use a paper towel). I use pizza dough that you get in a tube at the grocery store, just unroll and press into bottom of skillet. Cover with lid and cook for a few minutes. Flip crust then add your favorite toppings. Cover and finish cooking over fire. We have also tried it without flipping the dough but it's doesnt get cooked the whole way through.

Enjoy!!
Thanks! It will be a nice surprise! Surprise! I cooked!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #29

For those nights when we're pulling in late, the frozen dinner in a bag works great (pasta, chicken, veggies, and sauce - cooks in about 10-15 min). We also like tossing a little frozen lasagne into the oven while we cruise around the campsite on bikes or hang out in the shade.

For breakfasts, we pull out an electric griddle and cook up some hashbrowns and then some pre-cooked bacon from Costco and some scrambled eggs, wrap them up in tortillas, and have awesome breakfast burritos!

Brian and his Girl Crew
5 bikes - one top tube
Rig: 2004 Excursion 6.0 PSD + 2009 Salem 27' TT
b_garage is offline   Reply With Quote