Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #161
Husband is retired police officer and after two years of retirement went to local school district police department. I am a Sr. Admin Sec for large university in Galveston with the School of Health Professions OT department. We will both retire after this next school year is over (2013) and we can't wait.

eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #162
Cabinet Bob
still working!!

I am a manager of a cabinet shop with up to 25 employees. Have been in the cabinet business for far too long but have only 1 missing finger and 1 gibbled finger!! We use CNC equipment from Italy to manufacture cabinets and furniture for large projects. My "Trainee" replacement is now in my office wondering how soon I will be retiring so he can do it all his way.
Fortunately for him I get lots of holidays and am happy to get away with the DW in the 5th wheeler.

2011 Wildcat 302RL
2008 Ram 3500 L.Box Diesel
96 Goldwing
Full time job.
Not enough play time!!
Bob6870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #163
My last job was as a maintenance supervisor/mechanic at a factory that did plating and polishing for Harley Davidson. They are heavy into robotics and cnc polishing machines. I was supervisor over 4 plants and got to work on all the hardest problems. Side benefit was that if they were plating something you wanted plated they would throw it in the batch with the new parts and they would do some custom stuff for me and my wife's motorcyles.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #164
Great topic, Interesting People.

I have been a Paramedic for the last 36 years in the Mpls/St.Paul area. Still can't see the day when I can simply get back and relax. My 401k will dictate that. If my body holds up maybe another 7 years from now I can take that leap. I met my wife doing my job. She worked at a hospital and had injured her ankle playing softball. She simply asked if I would re-wrap her ankle sprain with an ace bandage. I guess you could say the rest is history. She currently works as a Health Unit Coordinator on a cancer floor. She also has a interest in computers and is taking IT classes. We had 4 wonderful children. Once I had my son to carry on the name I was satisfied. We now have 5 grand children to keep us busy ranging in age from 5 to 1 years. My wife grew up with camping. They owned a converted grey hound bus and did alot of long distant trips. We have owned a Cherokee 27 L for the last 3 years and love camping. We try to schedule a large family camping trip at least once a summer lasting a week. Many kodac moments to be had. I can see use purchasing more photo albums.
kjoh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #165
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
We love Canton, can't wait to go back
You may see our Columbus there if you come in July. I work from home, so basically "home" is wherever my pillow is. I'm going to try working from the 5th wheel this time around and if it works well, we'll make that a regular monthly trip. As long as I have good Internet and phone service, I'll be fine.

She's in Lewis Original Pavilion 1, booths 49-50-51.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #166
Electrical engineer (1976). Slide rules had just given way to hand held calculators. If you wanted your own PC, you had to buy individual components and build it yourself. State of the art word processing was an IBM Selectric typewriter that stored an entire sentence at one time! Man, times sure have changed.

Have worked on all types of building projects - university, health care, light industrial, public rec. facilities, schools, military, hotels, restaurants, high-rises, laboratories. Also built and renovated numerous houses over the years as a hobby/sideline. (More like an out of control hobby.) Even won an award once for restoration of an 1880s heritage house that I brought back from the grave.

Went back to Univ. in my 40s and earned an MBA on a part-time basis while still working full time. I was even building a house (mostly all myself) at the same time. Crazy, crazy period for me... Shortly after that, I was in a bad car accident and gave up working permanently.

DW is an accountant and manager of Strategic Fraud Prevention at a provincial public sector organization. Plans to retire early in a year or two. Then maybe we'll take the trailer out one day and never come back!
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #167
Dan the Busman
I am a retired from the Air Force as a MSgt in 1988, worked on Minuteman Missile, after retirement from Air Force I worked for VDOT as Training Manager for 13 years and retired there, also drove a tour bus. Retired for good 2 years ago. Moved into 55+ community in August so CJ (who worked for the Federal Gov for 33 years.), and I can travel. CJ (Carol retired in 06 to help take care of our grandchildren while both our sons were in Iraq at the same time)
Eldest son is now a retired Air Force MSgt working for the Navy and the youngest has been in the Air Force for 10 years and will pin Maj on in August.
Dan Lipinski
2008 Flagstaff 27BHSS
2005 Nissan Titan
Busman1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #168
Missing Link
I have a few jobs. Primary job is stay at home dad and during winter months I'm a hockey referee and also a volunteer firefighter.
2014 Puma 30-DBSS
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 6.4L
cyclepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #169
I work for state, Department of Agriculture Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Division. We work from August to around May or June. I get most of the summer months off (growing season) but do have some occasional work during this time. I have a while to go before retiring..
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #170
I retired from the Army in Jan 87 and went to work for them as a civilian teaching helicopter pilots. Still teaching today, training some of the best young men and women to defend our freedom.

2011 F350 Lariat Ultimate Dually 6.7 w/ B&W Companion
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ
2016 Explorer Platinum, 1998 Mustang
1SG(Ret) (1987) US Army Aviation

Days/Nights Camped 2016: 34
dogwood36322 is offline   Reply With Quote