Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #171
Spent 30 years as Explosive Ordnance Disposal Tech. Yeah, that US Navy EOD job which did its best to hurt me. Not so. Spent most of my carreer out of CONUS, 10 months in VietNam and did the Suez Canal Clearance. Spent many weeks doing experimental dives (300' was the goal, achieved), teamed with Secret Service and accompanied ALL the US Presidents from Richard Nixon to Billary Clinton. Retired in OCT 2000. DW spent most of her career as a computer tech. She also worked on underwater handheld sonars used by (yours truly) and all the USN EOD Techs. We did get married just 5 years ago but had a long courtship (20+ years.) and still cannot agree on when or how it all started.

Brenda and John
'14 Ram 3500 MCSB 6.7L HO PullRite 16K S/G, Grey Columbus 320RS Camped '14 - 146 days/'15 - 196 days
USN-EOD(Ret), Master Chief, 30 yrs,
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #172
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #173
Of course - but they were all planned, mostly.
Brenda and John
'14 Ram 3500 MCSB 6.7L HO PullRite 16K S/G, Grey Columbus 320RS Camped '14 - 146 days/'15 - 196 days
USN-EOD(Ret), Master Chief, 30 yrs,
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #174
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If we make it 10 more months we'll have 50 years on the books. ouch... that's going to cost me.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #175
Firefighter/ medic. The wife is an ER nurse. Go figure.
2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #176
My thanks to all who have served our nation in the various branches of military service.

As for myself, I spent 14 years as a machinist. Starting with the manufacturing of connectors for coaxial cables. I continued on to become a CNC Machinist producing microwave components (not ovens) for private and military applications.

After 14 years as a machinist, I applied to and was hired by the Phoenix Police Department as a police officer after completing the Training Academy. I have been with the Phoenix Police Department for 17 years now. The first 5 years were in patrol. The next 7 years as a motorcycle officer with the Traffic Bureau with the responsibilities of traffic/DUI enforcement and the investigation of traffic collisions. The last 5 years and currently I am a detective assigned to our Vehicular Crimes Unit where I am a criminal investigator and traffic collision reconstructionist with the responsibility of investigating serious and fatal injury traffic collisions which occur within our jurisdiction.

Concurrent with my latter years as a machinist and throughout my career with the Phoenix Police Department, I have been an ordained minister for 23 years serving a local here in Phoenix in various capacities, including 18 years as Assistant Pastor and several youth ministry programs.

I have also been blessed with the privilage of being a husband to an incredible woman for 26 years and most recently as a father of twins, a son and a daughter who will be 12 next week. My how time flies!

My dear wife was employed in retail sales and then worked in the quality control department for a printed circuit board manufacturer early in our relationship and marriage. For over 20 years now she has undertaken the most challenging job of being a homemaker and keeping our home and myself on the straight and narrow. We are homeschooling our children of which 99% of the research, planning, scheduling and instruction is done by her! She is amazing! How she puts up with me is beyond me, but I am so grateful she does.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (12 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #177
Just waiting on this decal to be added to the back of our trailer.
4 different pictures went into the design.

36 inch wide by 16 inch tall.

So if you see this on the road in front of you you'll hopefully look upon it and thank the next Vet you see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tribute.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	17953  
2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #178
Picture says a thousand words:

23 years now.

Was pensioned at 20.

7 more years and I'm where I want to be with it all....and then....who knows?

My missus is a military photographer. She's got 14 years in with another 6 to pension and probably another 5-10 after that. She has less time because she's 10 years younger than me.

So, my big plan is to retire and kiss her every morning as she goes off to work. She an be the big breadwinner of the house, I'm not that proud.

Heck, I'll clean the house, cook the meals and watch my shows. I'm good with that!

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #179
I am an electrical engineer. Retired in 2006 after 38 years with Texas Instruments. Held various design and research positions. Last 10 years I managed technical training for analog products. I wrote and produced seminars. Traveled all over the world presenting seminars. Now I am retired no part time job. My hobby is wood turning. I make and sell custom kaleidoscopes.
DW is retired pastors secretary, she retired after 25 years at the same church.
cwray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #180
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
23+ years Air Force all over this world, airline operations followed by 2 decades of aircraft maintenance before finishing with a decade in facility management. Now? I'm done, finished, retired & enjoying life's journeys.

DW kept track of far too much OPM for 4 decades, now she is the boss & bread winner (Imports) + she's copilot for our life's journeys.

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote