Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

The short version is I manage money.

Longer version is that I own an investment management firm. I've been managing money or managing people who manage money for 21 years- 13 at fund companies and 8 with two partners and a handful of really good people. With three kids 10 and under, retirement is a way off (have you looked at college costs lately?).

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #42

I was a park ranger for Tenn for 30 years. Retired from that, returned to school to become Paramedic. Now retired from that and operate my own income tax office. DW is still teaching but promises me to retire after another year. Looking forward to traveling.

roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #43

Me, 25 years of various roles in printing, wireless communications, automobile manufacturing, consumer goods, retail, banking and now healthcare. Loved learning new things in every role.

I am currently a senior project manager at our county safety net hospital that serves anyone regardless of their ability to pay. Of all the environments and industries, I have enjoyed my current role and work environment the most.

DW is currently a writer, but spent many years running her own law practice.

I too enjoyed reading what others do to pay for our common interest and I also thank those that serve or served our country and who care for others.

One thing I like about camping though is that socializing around the camp fire and enjoying nature is really what matters most. It reinforces that it is not what you do to earn a living but how you live your life and treat others that is important.

So grateful my DD's are enjoying the camping life too. The 10 yr old wants to be a teacher. The 12 yr old wants to be a lawyer. I personally don't care what they choose to do as long as they follow their passions and they choose what interests them most.
Days Camped 2012 = 42
Days Camped 2013 = 9 planned before April 1st
Local Ohio CGs - Punderson SP and West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #44

Me - 33 years at electric utility - power plant operations, system operations, wholesale marketing, planning, compliance,....waiting on retirement.....
DW - full time mom and house wife until kids grew up. For the last 12 years an Inclusion Aide in local school district and still a "full time house wife".
retracwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #45

I'm a retired school teacher. Over the years I taught Industrial Education, chemistry, biology, special education and building trades. In the eighties I spent three years building and selling homes. In the nineties I bought some land and started a greenhouse/nursery business which we closed in 2008 to make time for boating, camping and four wheeling. DW is a systems analyst and has a few years to go before retiring.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #46

I became an apprentice pressman in the printing industry in 1964. Worked as pressman until 1984, than went in sales for Fugi in the printing division selling products and equipments to the industry until 1988. Than bought my first print shop and worked alone until 1996 and then bought a second one and then had 5 employees. Sold it to one of my customer in december of 2006. I am now working part time for the owner approximately 1 day every six weeks. You know old folks like me know stuff that younger folks dont know and dont really want to learn as it is old thechnology. Now i keep busy with cutting the grass , washing the trucks, doing grocery shopping and you get the picture. We have been boating for ten years and decided to change over to camping last year. Now have a fishing boat for sale. DW is still at work for the school board and is starting a preretirement program for the next probably 4 years working 4 days a week.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #47

I do field service on x-ray equipment. Primarily mammography and cancer detection equipment.

DW is a preschool teacher.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #48

Welding inspector and maintenance supervisor at a fertilizer plant. 26 years and counting. Hopefully I get a chance to live the good life and retire in the next ten years or so!

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF5.4 View Post
I do field service on x-ray equipment. Primarily mammography and cancer detection equipment.

DW is a preschool teacher.

Hey,, I manage mammography ,,, we have a seimens digital inspiration.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown

Hey,, I manage mammography ,,, we have a seimens digital inspiration.
I work for Hologic. I have been working on the Selenia digital since '03 and the Dimensions since '08. I have been working with Lorad/Hologic for about 15 years. Before that I worked for the Philips dealership for 5 years. Before that I worked I house Biomed at a local hospital. I have been working on medical equipment for a long time.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote