Old 08-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post

The dog part is my biggest issue ~ and it's my dog. We're trying to get our pom to chill out and enjoy camping, which he does, until we put him in the camper so we can go somewhere ~ then he cuts a rusty! I don't like the barking collars but I have considered them..... I have learned that leaving the tv or radio on, air on, and giving him 1/2 cup of doggie ice cream will keep him distracted until we're out of dodge and our neighbors report it does work......If we know we're not gonna be around the camper, tho, like a beach camping weekend, we leave him home.
We love our puppies. We had two mini poms and we took them where we could, but they were real yippers. they ran all over the truck when we traveled and it was hard to 'settle them down'....... Loved the dogs very much and are glad we had them.... but we said... no more dogs when they were gone....

We were given a rescue dog several years ago to take care until a home was found for her..... She crawled onto my lap and has never left. A mini Pekingese. She does not make a sound. She will sit on the dash of the truck and ride hundreds of miles, looking out and into the truck to see her 'Family'. We have a carrying bag for her that when put on the floor and open, she knows that she gets 'to go'. I carry her in her bag everywhere.... stores, theaters, restaurants, parks and almost no one knows that I have a dog with us. Very Very few place have said anything to me about her. Not many people will say very much to a person with a 'dog in a bag, and a 9m on his hip. She sleeps at night wrapped around my head .... She knows who is the Alpha dog. The dog belongs to the DW.... but the DW says that I belong to the dog.

I would recommend a mini Pekingese as a great camping and traveling dog.

Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
cogito ergo moo
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
We follow the "do unto others" rule but I do have to ask a question. Why do people get rip roaring drunk at all ~
Simple. Because no good story starts "one time when we had Ice Tea..."

Seriously, peoples inhibitions lower, and to me it's fun to see people come out of their shells and let their hair down. A good friends wife is pretty much a stick in the mud 99% of the time. Its not that she isn't neat to have around, but she generally disapproves of the stupid (read: fun) things we do. But get a couple of margaritas in her and she will be the one suggesting we hold fast-food tray races down the stairs in the hotel.

I love seeing that side of her. It's like taking off the costume of "upstanding, straight-laced soccer mom" and letting the real her come out.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
Temporarily Camperless
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote