Old 03-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
HTC One M8 on Verizon Wireless for me and DW.
Me too.... Great phones...

Joe

Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #92

Apple is an amazing company. The marketing department is the most powerful in the industry.

They have been able to create an environment where people feel compelled to want one to such a degree that it is considered a basic need.

When a new iPhone comes out, it is arguably the most expensive phone on the planet. Yet the desire for one overrides common sense and basic fiscal responsibility.

If one can accept the fact that the ultra wealthy (in excess of $100M in liquidity) should have items that the bottom 99% of the worlds populations do not have such as private planes, yachts, private islands, etc., then one needs to accept the fact that the ultra wealthy should have a phone that others do not. If a billionaire has the most expensive phone on the planet then why does a welfare recipient feel that it is a must have? Marketing. Apple Marketing.

They are an amazing company.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #93
Somewhat right of center

Flip phone always, holding out as long as I can. I'm afraid I'll turn into a phone-zombie that looks at my phone all day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phone-less.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	71822  
Old 03-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
You won't regret the 6+. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what camping apps do you use?

Allstays camp & RV is a must have app IMHO! RV Checklists, Gasbuddy, Waze, & iExit are all very useful as well.

Sent from my iPhone so pardon the brevity
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Apple is an amazing company. The marketing department is the most powerful in the industry.

They have been able to create an environment where people feel compelled to want one to such a degree that it is considered a basic need.

When a new iPhone comes out, it is arguably the most expensive phone on the planet. Yet the desire for one overrides common sense and basic fiscal responsibility.

If one can accept the fact that the ultra wealthy (in excess of $100M in liquidity) should have items that the bottom 99% of the worlds populations do not have such as private planes, yachts, private islands, etc., then one needs to accept the fact that the ultra wealthy should have a phone that others do not. If a billionaire has the most expensive phone on the planet then why does a welfare recipient feel that it is a must have? Marketing. Apple Marketing.

They are an amazing company.

I respectfully disagree and having worked with (not for) Apple I am in a position to see some things others may not.

Apple makes things that "just work" period.

Apple was not the creator of the first MP3 player, but they made the first MP3 player (the iPod) that actually worked.

Apple was not the first company that made the first smartphone do you remember the Treo? Do you remember Windows phone? All of them quite bluntly are pieces of crap that did not work. Apple made the first smart phone that actually worked (the iPhone)

The same can be said about their computers they just work. It is that degree of human engineering and human factors consideration that makes Apple the billion-dollar company it is today not the marketing department.

JMO - YMMV ☺️

Old 03-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Allstays camp & RV is a must have app IMHO! RV Checklists, Gasbuddy, Waze, & iExit are all very useful as well.

What makes Allstays camp & RV worth 10 dollars for the app? Is it that good and what is all in it?
Old 03-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #97

Quote:
I respectfully disagree and having worked with (not for) Apple I am in a position to see some things others may not.

Apple was not the creator of the first MP3 player, but they made the first MP3 player (the iPod) that actually worked.

Apple was not the first company that made the first smartphone do you remember the Treo? Do you remember Windows phone? All of them quite bluntly are pieces of crap that did not work. Apple made the first smart phone that actually worked (the iPhone)

The same can be said about their computers they just work. It is that degree of human engineering and human factors consideration that makes Apple the billion-dollar company it is today not the marketing department.

JMO - YMMV ☺️

Apple makes a better User experience. Period. Well said.

While we are talking about Marketing companies, remember that Google is the Worlds Largest Marketing company
Old 03-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #98

Quote:

JMO - YMMV ☺️

I would totally agree with you regarding the design and manufacturing skill of Apple.

The only counter I would make to your comments is that the best idea/product in the world goes nowhere without people knowing about it - That is where the marketing department comes in.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
What makes Allstays camp & RV worth 10 dollars for the app? Is it that good and what is all in it?
You can go to allstays.com and read about the app for yourself. They update the app frequently (it was updated this month).

It is the only app out there that I know of that has literally everything in one place - CGs (State, national, KOA, Passport America), WalMart/CW/Cracker Barrel/Rest Stops, dump stations, low bridges, switchbacks, RV Repair shops, MOBILE RV repairs. The list goes on...

You can read more here:
Allstays Camp and RV | RV Parks Campgrounds App
Old 03-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I would totally agree with you regarding the design and manufacturing skill of Apple.

The only counter I would make to your comments is that the best idea/product in the world goes nowhere without people knowing about it - That is where the marketing department comes in.

Vin.
This is true. But keep in mind, the best idea/product does not always "win". I'll cite Sony's Betamax and Novell's Netware as 2 examples of this.

10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote