Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
What was your best Vacation of all time ?

doesn't have to be RV'in, perhaps a Cruise, or an R&R while in the Military, or a QE2/Orient Express/Concorde combo, or.....?.....Bill

Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Our very best vacation ever was probably the month we spent in Costa Rica when we were younger and had fewer things to tie us down. We played baseball with the locals, watched the giant leatherback turtles climb the beach to lay their eggs under the full moon, explored the countryside, volcanoes and jungle, and swam every single day.
Sadly, Costa Rica is no longer the gentle paradise it was 30 years ago.

But the second best was when we would go to the Colorado high country and ride dirt bikes for mile after glorious mile, dry camping in our fifth wheel high up in the mountains. What awesome country.
Sitting by the campfire at night, with no civilization for miles around, was breathtaking. And by day, the hummingbirds would sit on your finger while sipping out of the feeders!
But, like Costa Rica, things have changed in Colorado, and there are far too many people up there now.

Lots of awesome memories though.

bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Scuba diving off of Cozumel or Little Cayman Island. When you live in Mn you like to get away from winter for a week and wear shorts and get some sunshine. A day of diving in the crystal blue waters. Back on land you sit in the shade and enjoy cold cervasas. Fijitas for dinner. Get up the next day and do it all over again. Feel the warm winds blowing. A little Santanna and Bob Marley on the MP3 player. AAhhhh, I could go right now!
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi 5.7
Equal-i-zer WDH
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Either taking grand daughters to Disney last year or the trip with the wife and I up to Yellowstone. Love time with wife but also love taking Grandkids places
2016 Forester 3171DS
Work 28 and 28 around the world.
Camp every chance we get

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
We had a 14 day cruise on the Mediterranean Sea.
Flew to London then to Barcelona Spain. 3 nights here
Started cruise that stopped at Cannes France, Florence, Rome, Naples, Venice, Greece Croatia and back to Barcelona Spain.
Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas
Early June before summer vacations
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
4 day disney cruise and 4 day at disney world on their property with parkhopper passes dinning plan. All that was left was to have fun with my 2 daughters. who are now 5 years older now going on 30.

2008 wildwood 29fkss
2001 Ford F250 w/7.3 Power Stroke diesel
funnthestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant
a week in Costa Rica!

i got to surf every day, 6 days straight. one day i was out for 5 hours without ever coming in.
my last day, a tropical lightning/thunderstorm rolled out to sea, from inland.
i was out in the lineup and saw it coming.

when it hit, the ocean seemed like it was boiling, so much rain was coming down and the lightning was striking the ocean all around me.
everyone went in, except me. i was giggling like a schoolgirl. my wife was watching, under the safety of the restaurant palapa.
everyone was pointing at me, to which my wife told them all, that i was her husband and that i would die happy, if i was struck by lightning.

we also did two zip line trips and snorkeled in the ocean and went to the Cloud Forest.

a wonderful country with wonderful people and countryside.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
Site Team
It would be that one birthday trip many years ago. Nothing fancy just lots of good memories. This is the trip that kicked off my traveling advertures. If I could turn back the hands of time it would be February 1994. Now instead of flying into airports I can be found at a campground.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Our first RV trip was renting a Ford MH in the UK and touring thru England, Wales and Scotland in 1974. The MH had a little v4 but seemed to manage well except for starter motor failure approaching Glasgow. Lots of laughs trying to understand the Scottish accent. LOL. Really great trip with lots of memories.
Roy & Jean
2010 Rockwood mini Lite ETC 181
2002 Toyota Tundra 4.7l 4x4
Prodigy P3, E2 WDH
rschoono289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Navy played Notre Dame in football this year in Dublin, Ireland. My wife and I did a self drive tour of Ireland, starting in Shannon, Ireland the week before the game. Covered 1900km in 7 days, stayed in Kilkenny, Killarney, Galway, Dublin, and Bunratty. Saw more of the countryside than I ever thought possible in 7 days (this was my fourth trip to Ireland, a country I love - but it was my wife's first). Wanted to go to the Aran Islands (still have yet to go there), but the weather wasn't good enough for it.

It was exhausting, but probably one of the most wonderful vacations we've had in a long time. My wife agrees - just last night at dinner she told a friend "it was the best vacation in the history of vacations." She even bought a pottery jar in Killarney that is our "Ireland Trip Fund" for the next one. It's now where we collect spare change, the odd dollar bill that gets caught in the washer/dryer... She can't wait to go back (I could move there tomorrow and be happy).

Here's a picture she took of me on the Sky Road outside Clifden (she said I went native after the 2nd day):

phrogpilot73 is offline   Reply With Quote