Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
TigerPride

Wheel balancing

Is anyone else having trouble getting the T.V.'s tires balanced. Two different trucks diff wheel sizes diff tires just can't seem to get the ride quality that we used to get
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Would help if you posted the trucks you are trying to have the tires balanced on and the tire sizes.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
TigerPride

The first is the 06 f 150 super crew in my signature it has 22" chrome wheels 35" tires 12" wide had oem 18" stock rims and tires but went to those because ford and the tire shop kept pointing the finer at each other and finally ford told me it was the original rims that had issues. So if I was to buy rims I got aftermarket and payed less than oem price. Still didn't help problem after bringing into ford shop and $3200 and many parts later problem still there. Decided to buy another truck. Picked up a 2012 f250 xlt fx4 package all stock including 18" chrome clad wheels and stock tire size. Got the truck Friday that passed. From then till today I have had wheels balanced twice and still shimmy shimmy. I am at a loss and don't know what to do. I can't help but think that I am stuck with another headache
Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

The first thing I would do is find another tire shop with a good balancing machine and see what happens when they balance them.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #5

Do you have a shop around that has a road force balancing machine? These units have the ability to check if there is something wrong with the tires as well as balance.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #6

U can have just the rim spun and see how balanced it is. Sometimes the tires will have to broke back off and spun around the rim to get to a lower amount of lead weights. Also try the package of beads that balance tires that go inside the tire. Have heard a lot of people like them with oversize tires. Not sure about the TPMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #7

You didn't really explain much about the tires. Brands, tread patterns, load rating, and ply rating all have a part in your ride.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
TigerPride

The 22" rims have nitto terra grapplers and the 18" rims have bf goodrich all terrain a/t don't know all the specks off hand I drive trucks and I'm out of town

Thanks to everyone else for all the suggestions will try to do something when I return

Tags
wheel