Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #1

When I Rescued a Dog!

When I was a kid me and my buddies lived near 5 lakes, a dog fell through the Ice and we Rescued it,the Dogs name was Tippy! Youroo! !
Old 09-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
When I was a kid me and my buddies lived near 5 lakes, a dog fell through the Ice and we Rescued it,the Dogs name was Tippy! Youroo! !
Could have been worse... Could have been named Frosty!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Our first cat was rescued from an abusive home when she was about 6months old. Even after almost 15 years later she was afraid of a women holding a belt.

Current cat was taken off the streets to avoid being put to sleep. She had been adopted then returned... She is the happiest cat ever and we are happy to have been able to give her a loving home and mobile home...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #4

I rescued my three LLewellyn Setters from breeders who may have sold them to people who wouldn’t hunt them.

Bruce
Old 12-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #5

Our Jack Russell mix came from the trunk of car in a WalMart parking lot, only 4 wks old. You can find just about anything at WalMart.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Our Jack Russell mix came from the trunk of car in a WalMart parking lot, only 4 wks old. You can find just about anything at WalMart.
Including stuff you don't particularly want or need!

All of my dogs and cats over the years have been rescues. Current one is a Parson Russel/Treeing Walker Hound mix. Has separation anxiety issues, but other than that best camping buddy in the world and loves to ride.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #7

Funny and weird story, but about 17 years or so ago, my girlfriend was more of the adventerous variety.. Well one evening at about midnight after spending time and money in an "adult" accesory shop and being in a hurry to get home, as we were leaving a car hit a dog near the shop entrance and kept going. She was / is a fanatical animal lover so we raced over scooped it up and took ito an emergency 24 hour vet and paid a good sum of money to have him taken care of. Talk a bout a mood killer!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #8

our cat just showed up at the house one night and decided to stay
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #9

When my daughter worked at the animal shelter she would call me and tell me she needed to bring an animal home because it was on it's last day. If not rescued it would be put to sleep. She always said she would bring it back in a week so it's time would start over. 5 cats and 2 dogs later not one ever went back to the shelter. You would think I would have learned after a couple times
Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Funny and weird story, but about 17 years or so ago, my girlfriend was more of the adventerous variety.. Well one evening at about midnight after spending time and money in an "adult" accesory shop and being in a hurry to get home, as we were leaving a car hit a dog near the shop entrance and kept going. She was / is a fanatical animal lover so we raced over scooped it up and took ito an emergency 24 hour vet and paid a good sum of money to have him taken care of. Talk a bout a mood killer!
Our first family dog was named "Bumper" you can probably guess how we got him.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #11

Our Sadie was tied to a post in downtown New Orleans during hurricane Katrina and abandoned when we rescued her. She always seemed to enjoy her upgrade in lifestyle as she slept on the bed with us. She passed a year ago, but will never be forgotten. She gave us a lot of love and happiness.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:55 AM   #12

Stopped at the dog pound “just to look” and go back with DW if I saw something cute. Walk in the door and there is a guy with a cute Aussie at the counter. First thought was wish I had come earlier that guy got a really cute dog. I then learn the guy is actually dropping off the dog.

The clerk sees I am interested and after promising to have her spayed says I can just take her. She said “lobby adoptions” happen often.

So 5 minutes later I have this adorable dog in my car and wondering how my wife will react. Wife works at a vets office so I decide to go there. I had told the pound that I might return if wife objected. Dog is scared and sits in my lap as we drive. At first few stop lights the dog licks my face and I think “how cute I hope my wife likes her”. After the 3rd light I decided I don’t care what my wife says, this dog is staying.

Kirby & I have been inseparable for 6 yrs now. Smartest dog I have ever had and she loves to camp. Wife loves to spoil her too.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3214.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	192983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3213.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	192984
Old 12-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #13

I co-manage an American Eskimo rescue. Every once in a while I decide I’ll try to foster. I’ve discovered 10 times that I’m not very good at fostering [emoji16]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5167.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	193027
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
I co-manage an American Eskimo rescue. Every once in a while I decide I’ll try to foster. I’ve discovered 10 times that I’m not very good at fostering [emoji16]Attachment 193027
What is the one on the right hand side of pix. Beautiful dog
Old 12-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I rescued my three LLewellyn Setters from breeders who may have sold them to people who wouldn’t hunt them.

Bruce
People don’t realize how important it is to work these dogs. My Setter starts barking with excitement when she knows she’s going after birds. Since she started getting birds she barely leaves my side.
Nascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
What is the one on the right hand side of pix. Beautiful dog
Thank you! That's Rocket. His mom, a pomeranian, came into the rescue from a hoarding situation, and turned out to be pregnant. We had no idea what other dogs the nutjob had, she wouldn't let anyone in the house

Once I decided that I had foster-failed for sure, I had a DNA test done. He turned out to be 3/4 pomeranian, 1/8 pekinese, 1/8 sheltie. Aside from being a bit yappy, he really is a perfect little guy <3
Old 12-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
Thank you! That's Rocket. His mom, a pomeranian, came into the rescue from a hoarding situation, and turned out to be pregnant. We had no idea what other dogs the nutjob had, she wouldn't let anyone in the house

Once I decided that I had foster-failed for sure, I had a DNA test done. He turned out to be 3/4 pomeranian, 1/8 pekinese, 1/8 sheltie. Aside from being a bit yappy, he really is a perfect little guy <3
Well all 3 are pretty dogs Rocket is exceptional dog's that look that good are rare indeed you are blessed
Old 12-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
Well all 3 are pretty dogs Rocket is exceptional dog's that look that good are rare indeed you are blessed
Thank you
Old 12-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #19

Our current dog, Tanner, is a lab mix that came to our local shelter by way of a pound in Kentucky that had a 90% kill average. I stopped at the pound to see what they had for dogs and ended up giving him a ride home. Tanner also has separation problems and can drive us crazy when he feels ignored. He is a great camping dog though.
He is a great burglar alarm, when someone knocks on the door, or, in the case of a good friend, just walks in without knocking, Tanner barks very loudly. He definitely has a big dog bark.
BarabooBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:42 AM   #20

We had put our 14 yr old dog down. I saw a dog at a rescue he is a Plott Hound my maiden name backwards is Plots, so much easier to pronounce. He came from Hampshire county, DH is a New Hampshire boy. I was sure he was meant for us we named him Jax. One month later he seemed lonely so we went back to the same people and adopted a sweet Puggle we named Holly Jojo. How anybody could have let these two go. I just can’t imagine. We fell in love with Boston Terriers so we added a puppy to the mix, Piper. They all get along so well and bring so much happiness and laughter into our home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9296.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	412.4 KB
ID:	193119  
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote