Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
..what are they gonna do??? thats right....absolutely NOTHING!
unfortunately you're incorrect

I've got the same problem - developer, then turned over to a HOA (POA) - they can and will do the bad deed against you

and when your neighbors get into the HOA office ! it's Katie bar the door - something about getting "elected" turns 'em into complete, uh, you know.....Bill

Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #12

in tx, hoa's hold quite a bit of power, and can sometimes be tyrants...when i built i MADE SURE i was not signing into an hoa. later they made my development an hoa, and TRIED to FORCE me to be part of it...but persuant to law, since i didnt sign into an hoa when i built, i was not obligated to be party to the one they subsequently formed....

with that said, i agree there are some nice aspects to hoa's (such as property value and requirements to keep homestead neat, clean, and orderly)

but again they can be tyrants....such as when i replaced my ugly handmade iron mailbox that EVERYONE had, to a custom one made of stone to match my house that looked WAY better.....never mind it was a more expensive and nice mailbox, it didnt MATCH everyone else, so the hoa was up in arms....

i swear i once saw pitchforks and torches!! LOL....honestly its really only a couple of the people in the hoa who have issue....all my close neighbors are good friends and we have cold beers and watch sports regularly....just goes to show how a couple of snooty people can ruin an otherwise healty HOA...

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
unfortunately you're incorrect

I've got the same problem - developer, then turned over to a HOA (POA) - they can and will do the bad deed against you

and when your neighbors get into the HOA office ! it's Katie bar the door - something about getting "elected" turns 'em into complete, uh, you know.....Bill

they did....and tried....

persuant to the judgment i am not required to be part of the newly formed HOA ...not sure of specifics or how they formed hoa.....all i know is after some legal squabbles they dropped it and i dont pay dues nor am i required to??
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
....just goes to show how a couple of snooty people can ruin an otherwise healty HOA...
This is the whole thing. HOA's are great in theory, but mostly horrible in practice.

To wincrasher, not everyone can afford an extra building/enclosure, nor the fee for storage. If my neighbor was ugly, can I make them stay inside as to not be an "eyesore" to me? As long as the unit is not disheveled and disgusting, it should not be any more of an eyesore than my neighbor parking a Prius in his drive. I think that that car is absolutely hideous, but I would not protest he remove it from his lot to apease me.
'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
Not such a Junior anymore

I live in Truckee California (Lake Tahoe North), and am in an HOA. However, we are composed of full-time residents, not Bay Area transients wanting perfect asthetics. There are fancier neighborhoods around us with "that" crowd, and their Trent Jones - $100+ green fees, etc.

Our rules allow boats, RV's, trailers provided they are behind the house line (if parked for more than a week), and on some sort of driveway material.

As you can see, we have simple lava drain-rock as a pad. Notice my neighbors have various things around too.

In the winter though, we can't keep it here, or it will be buried in 400" of snow. I rent from a heated "toy" storage center in Sacramento, which preps, washes, drain/fill tanks when you call and want it in/out.

About $180mo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MyTrailer.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	19500
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Brigitte

Keep ours in our yard. We live one one acre, most of it behind the house apwith a little more difficult access. We had a gravel pad built at the end of our driveway to park the RV. I don't think I would be very good at having to go to a storage to pick RV up for loading prior to a trip
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
it should not be any more of an eyesore than my neighbor parking a Prius in his drive. I think that that car is absolutely hideous, but I would not protest he remove it from his lot to apease me.

It is ugly, isn't it?
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #18

We live on a small farm (62 acres) in Idaho. We have quite a bit of shed space. Our trailer is kept in one of our totally enclosed sheds which shares a common wall with our shop. It is nice to not have it exposed to the outside elements, especially during the winter.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #19

We also keep ours in the yard. Part of the reason for my smaller trailer is it fits beside the garage. I can keep it plugged in and ready to go. Nothing like. Deciding Friday night at 6 to go camping. Pick up some buns and milk and head right out!

We looked at getting a bigger trailer- but the cost savings and convenience out weigh the extra space.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
Wanna Be Camper

Right behind the house. Made a parking area for it with power when it is open is the summer months. In the winter it is totally closed down, battery out, wheel covers on and bait stations behind the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 001.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	19879  

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote