Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Neenah,Wi
Posts: 13
Where is spring??

I got the fever! Spring fever that is... I look at temp outside and 18 degrees fahrenheit doesn't feel like spring. I know being from Wisconsin that it could be quite awhile yet. Apparently mother nature isn't impressed that I bought a camper in January. I just want to camp!!! Vent over...
__________________

__________________
Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,098
I feel your pain more than with the guy who has the mother-in-law from hell.
__________________

__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
I feel your pain more than with the guy who has the mother-in-law from hell.


You guys should plan some trips down south. In the 70's here. Just perfect.

Of course... then I'd be complaining about the extra snowbirds who love to drive their campers in morning rush hour. Seriously, what is up with that?!
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Site Team
 
acadianbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,919
We drove up to Lake Superior from Minneapolis Monday in a raging snowstorm! 6 to 9 inches of snow and huge wind. Then we went snowshoeing on the Superior Hiking Trail in the fresh snow. 20 mph winds, 7 degrees; but bright sun and fresh snow. Yee Haa!! Might as well make the best of the winter!
__________________
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/acadianbob/IMG_2757.jpg
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Neenah,Wi
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
I feel your pain more than with the guy who has the mother-in-law from hell.
I read his post. All I could think was that's my mom! Hard growing up with someone like that in your life.
__________________
Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Neenah,Wi
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post


You guys should plan some trips down south. In the 70's here. Just perfect.

Of course... then I'd be complaining about the extra snowbirds who love to drive their campers in morning rush hour. Seriously, what is up with that?!
Rush hour whats that? Just kidding I go to Chicago daily with my semi. I think people on vacation just don't care about the rush hour.
__________________
Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Gregg Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 254
I feel the OP's pain as well since I bought a new TT in November. But as an avid snowmobiler, this has been the best winter in many years here in Northern MN. It took until the third week in January for it happen though. As I look out my office window I see about 2-3 feet of snow and know that I'm jumping on my snowmobile after work. Probably not what anyone wants to hear though.

It'll be gone before you know it.
__________________
2016 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab XLT EcoBoost
2012 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL, Andersen No Sway WDH, (2) Honda EU2000i's
Gregg Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Neenah,Wi
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
We drove up to Lake Superior from Minneapolis Monday in a raging snowstorm! 6 to 9 inches of snow and huge wind. Then we went snowshoeing on the Superior Hiking Trail in the fresh snow. 20 mph winds, 7 degrees; but bright sun and fresh snow. Yee Haa!! Might as well make the best of the winter!
I am making the best out of winter. On the computer learning about having my first camper. Glad you've found something enjoyable to do with the bad weather though.
__________________
Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
PineForestCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post


You guys should plan some trips down south. In the 70's here. Just perfect.

Of course... then I'd be complaining about the extra snowbirds who love to drive their campers in morning rush hour. Seriously, what is up with that?!
Perfect is right! I missed out on my trip to FL this year and seeing friends in Ft Myers. We absorbed lots of expenses this winter with a new TV and HTT.

Isn't it rush hour every hour?? So much traffic all over FL with all those birds in town!
__________________
2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2016 Keystone Outback 250URS
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s (SOLD)

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
PineForestCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Willow View Post
I feel the OP's pain as well since I bought a new TT in November. But as an avid snowmobiler, this has been the best winter in many years here in Northern MN. It took until the third week in January for it happen though. As I look out my office window I see about 2-3 feet of snow and know that I'm jumping on my snowmobile after work. Probably not what anyone wants to hear though.

It'll be gone before you know it.
You guys can take your Northern MN snow pack and....$*%&! Ummm...if "before you know it" means an alcohol fueled coma then that's correct. I will be quite sober though so its going to be awhile. FYI...there's plenty of snow down here too! :-)
__________________

__________________
2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2016 Keystone Outback 250URS
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s (SOLD)

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.