Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #61
Camper Less Camping

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-880089970.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	42806

Old 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #62
Always Learning

Sigh, and it's official - Thanksgiving trip scrapped. The camper's not going to be back by Saturday for us to load + debark.

BUT- I took the week off, so we're going to hit up some local stuff, the aquarium, some DC sites and whatnot. Plus now we'll get to spend Thanksgiving day with extended family from where we come from.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #63
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
That's funny

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #64

We will be on the Colorado River in Arizona for Thanksgiving. Flying 6 family members down to join us in December. Enjoy your time together or with family and friends over the Holiday Season everyone! Peace!

2005 K-2500 Silverado 8.1L 6 speed Allison
Midwestgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #65
Mod free 5er

Just for gljurczyk, not camping Thanksgiving, but will leave for Florida the next day for 3+ months.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #66

Very excited to be spending Thanksgiving at James Island Campground near Charleston the week of Thanksgiving. This will be our first time there for Festival of Lights and we can't wait. This trip has been planned for a year!

Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #67

Now that I'm reading all this, I wish I WAS camping next week.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Nice. The indoor pool will be just the ticket! I didn't realize they stayed open that late (looks like they're open until 12/1 this year).

Due to my work killing yet another summer, I'm taking the week of Thanksgiving off. As long as my camper is back, we're thinking of a few days in Williamsburg for the indoor pool and maybe going to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens and then headed to High Point for an overnight stop and ending up in Cherokee, NC to go to the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad because they do a Polar Express thing.
Your trip sounded like it would have been lots of fun! I like Williamsburg. I take it you are a TT/ODW member? We go to Circle M every
Thanksgiving and have a great time. Sometimes it is super crowded and other times it seems we are almost by ourselves. Which is ok because then we are all able to get sites close together. When they stayed open year round we camped every other week during the winter months or at least once a month.

Sorry to hear you will not be taking your trip as planned. We just got our new one out of the shop. I let the dealer know I needed it back for Thanksgiving and thankfully they were able to make it happen. They took care of the serious issues and ordered parts for the other issues and will continue to do warranty repairs when we come back. I couldn't imagine not being able to do our yearly Thanksgiving trip.

Linda
Linack1107 is offline   Reply With Quote