Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Site Team

Why is the grass always greener on the other side?

Not too long ago I couldn't wait for spring weather but now I'm tired of the heat and its only the first day of May. Even as warm as recent days been (upper 90's) the strong winds are worst. Yesterday there were gusts up to 90 mph where my TT is kept. Power lines and poles went down and they had to move some of the trailers away from danger. Of course I started thinking about the fire that was about 8 miles away and wishing I had put the hitch inside the TT instead of leaving it at home.

I got a phone call at work telling my that my truck bed cover was blowing up in the wind. Sure enough it was about ready to take flight. Took a bit of effort to close it and lock it back in place. I hate to think what could had happen if it did fly off....damage to it & other cars but even worst seriously injuring someone.

LOL - now I'm looking forward to fall arriving... (ok, I'm crazy).

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Come over here. We're still waiting for the good weather. Our season kickoff is coming up this weekend and so far it's looking like we'll be have highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 40s.

Oh, and not to mention that it's been raining for like 3 weeks straight and no sign of stopping in the next 2 weeks either.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Not too long ago I couldn't wait for spring weather but now I'm tired of the heat and its only the first day of May. Even as warm as recent days been (upper 90's) the strong winds are worst. Yesterday there were gusts up to 90 mph where my TT is kept. Power lines and poles went down and they had to move some of the trailers away from danger. Of course I started thinking about the fire that was about 8 miles away and wishing I had put the hitch inside the TT instead of leaving it at home.

I got a phone call at work telling my that my truck bed cover was blowing up in the wind. Sure enough it was about ready to take flight. Took a bit of effort to close it and lock it back in place. I hate to think what could had happen if it did fly off....damage to it & other cars but even worst seriously injuring someone.

You're not crazy - just human.

Reminds me of a saying I read on an aviation site - "Airline Employees Hate Two Things - 1) Change and 2) The Way Things Are."

Kind of fits a lot of situations we humans encounter.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy. I do feel *human*. I like the saying on the aviation site - it does seem to fit me pretty well. I think change is good and try to encourage it but I like things to remain the same too.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post

I think the weather in most of California and where I work has four seasons, starting with Almost Summer(80+ degrees), Summer(90-100ish), Still Summer(80+ degrees) and your 2 days of Christmas(winter, 70 degrees), 24th and 25th.

It was 97 today and will be tomorrow and next week will be 70ish
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
I think the weather in most of California and where I work has four seasons, starting with Almost Summer(80+ degrees), Summer(90-100ish), Still Summer(80+ degrees) and your 2 days of Christmas(winter, 70 degrees), 24th and 25th.

It was 97 today and will be tomorrow and next week will be 70ish

LOL - true enough.
Based on having a pretty mild winter I think we have 3 main seasons:
Tank tops, t-shirts and sweaters.

It just seems that lately the weather changes so much within a few days.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:31 AM   #7

Here in Ky, I've been sunburned on one day, then woke up to 6" of snow on the next. The snow was gone by the end of the day, but the swings here can be brutal. Camping in the spring means dodging storms. We are headed out today for a weekend that looks nice on paper. Lows 45-50, highs 70-75.
mlangdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #8

I had an older coworker quote this phase one day, never forgot it.

The grass might be greener on the other side of the fence but remember it will be a lot of work cutting the grass or there is a lot of manure you can't see that you will have to deal with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app