Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Thanks Glenn

TURBS.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Thanks Glenn

TURBS.
Your welcome Turbs, Me personally I would not buy a stat made by a computer Com. such as apple. The nest stat is already in the second generation. It's not true and tested as a Honeywell, Honeywell makes about 90 % of stats on the market. They just package them with the different brands such as Trane, carrier and so on. It's just a Honeywell. Hope this helps with your choice. If you need any help with wiring or anything, just ask, but should be pretty straight forward. As far if you lose power your at a lost anyway until it comes back on. But the batteries will hold the program you set.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #23

We have a 3M wifi stat at the house. Allows us to do everything we need with our iphone. When we are away we set the temp accordingly, and when we are on our way home, we change the temp so that the house is ready for us when we arrive. The Nest seems like a cool idea (because of all of the things you can do with it), but something just doesnt sit well with me with regard to wifi door locks, maybe its just me.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
We have a 3M wifi stat at the house. Allows us to do everything we need with our iphone. When we are away we set the temp accordingly, and when we are on our way home, we change the temp so that the house is ready for us when we arrive. The Nest seems like a cool idea (because of all of the things you can do with it), but something just doesnt sit well with me with regard to wifi door locks, maybe its just me.
Very good point with these hackers who can even hack into target and HD just got an email from them on it. The nest would be easy pry.....With a Honeywell you do not need there wifi system.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #25

My co-worker was looking into a nest system with whole house integration including alarm, smoke & garage doors. Just before he bought in, he mentioned it to his homeowners insurance, looking for a discount. The agent told him that they wouldn't cover his house if installed as it is in their eyes, a security risk. Huh??
Old 11-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #26
Site Team

Another option is a wifi enabled temp monitor such as the La Crosse WiFi temp monitor ( about $100). It hasa cell phone monitoring and alert capability.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
My co-worker was looking into a nest system with whole house integration including alarm, smoke & garage doors. Just before he bought in, he mentioned it to his homeowners insurance, looking for a discount. The agent told him that they wouldn't cover his house if installed as it is in their eyes, a security risk. Huh??
Thats odd?. I got a bigger discount.

And anyone worried about having their locks hacked shouldent.... IF a tech savvy person is going to go through the trouble to "hack" your system and has the skill to do so, quite simply he isn't.....no offence, but unless they have a personal grudge, its not worth the effort....they will take passwords and other info....burglars dont hack...they are burglars for a reason ya know?.lol... (barring those with gold bullion in their safes and hundreds of thousands in their mattresses) ..

So if you remove the intelligent hacker threat your left with the smash n grab thug....they universally dislike technology and dogs....

But to each their own....
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
Thats odd?. I got a bigger discount.

And anyone worried about having their locks hacked shouldent.... IF a tech savvy person is going to go through the trouble to "hack" your system and has the skill to do so, quite simply he isn't.....no offence, but unless they have a personal grudge, its not worth the effort....they will take passwords and other info....burglars dont hack...they are burglars for a reason ya know?.lol... (barring those with gold bullion in their safes and hundreds of thousands in their mattresses) ..

So if you remove the intelligent hacker threat your left with the smash n grab thug....they universally dislike technology and dogs....

But to each their own....
I thought so too, but that's what he claims.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #29

Null
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #30
Mod free 5er

Null also.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #31

Have a Honeywell unit going on the third winter. I can be on the road and check and change the settings. Even alerts me when the WiFi goes down. So far so good. Believe we paid $119 for it.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat