Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Thanks Glenn

TURBS.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Thanks Glenn

TURBS.
Your welcome Turbs, Me personally I would not buy a stat made by a computer Com. such as apple. The nest stat is already in the second generation. It's not true and tested as a Honeywell, Honeywell makes about 90 % of stats on the market. They just package them with the different brands such as Trane, carrier and so on. It's just a Honeywell. Hope this helps with your choice. If you need any help with wiring or anything, just ask, but should be pretty straight forward. As far if you lose power your at a lost anyway until it comes back on. But the batteries will hold the program you set.....
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waldorf MD
Posts: 292
We have a 3M wifi stat at the house. Allows us to do everything we need with our iphone. When we are away we set the temp accordingly, and when we are on our way home, we change the temp so that the house is ready for us when we arrive. The Nest seems like a cool idea (because of all of the things you can do with it), but something just doesnt sit well with me with regard to wifi door locks, maybe its just me.
__________________

_________________________
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Semperfi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
We have a 3M wifi stat at the house. Allows us to do everything we need with our iphone. When we are away we set the temp accordingly, and when we are on our way home, we change the temp so that the house is ready for us when we arrive. The Nest seems like a cool idea (because of all of the things you can do with it), but something just doesnt sit well with me with regard to wifi door locks, maybe its just me.
Very good point with these hackers who can even hack into target and HD just got an email from them on it. The nest would be easy pry.....With a Honeywell you do not need there wifi system.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
RPAspey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: central PA
Posts: 973
My co-worker was looking into a nest system with whole house integration including alarm, smoke & garage doors. Just before he bought in, he mentioned it to his homeowners insurance, looking for a discount. The agent told him that they wouldn't cover his house if installed as it is in their eyes, a security risk. Huh??
__________________
2000 Cherokee 29BH with 6V batteries, LED lights & 400 watts of solar power, flipped axles and raised. 2007 Tundra 5.7L DC-LB with lots of mods. C-co, 8/158th AVN Maint.
RPAspey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #26
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,559
Another option is a wifi enabled temp monitor such as the La Crosse WiFi temp monitor ( about $100). It hasa cell phone monitoring and alert capability.
__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
My co-worker was looking into a nest system with whole house integration including alarm, smoke & garage doors. Just before he bought in, he mentioned it to his homeowners insurance, looking for a discount. The agent told him that they wouldn't cover his house if installed as it is in their eyes, a security risk. Huh??
Thats odd?. I got a bigger discount.

And anyone worried about having their locks hacked shouldent.... IF a tech savvy person is going to go through the trouble to "hack" your system and has the skill to do so, quite simply he isn't.....no offence, but unless they have a personal grudge, its not worth the effort....they will take passwords and other info....burglars dont hack...they are burglars for a reason ya know?.lol... (barring those with gold bullion in their safes and hundreds of thousands in their mattresses) ..

So if you remove the intelligent hacker threat your left with the smash n grab thug....they universally dislike technology and dogs....

But to each their own....
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
RPAspey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: central PA
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
Thats odd?. I got a bigger discount.

And anyone worried about having their locks hacked shouldent.... IF a tech savvy person is going to go through the trouble to "hack" your system and has the skill to do so, quite simply he isn't.....no offence, but unless they have a personal grudge, its not worth the effort....they will take passwords and other info....burglars dont hack...they are burglars for a reason ya know?.lol... (barring those with gold bullion in their safes and hundreds of thousands in their mattresses) ..

So if you remove the intelligent hacker threat your left with the smash n grab thug....they universally dislike technology and dogs....

But to each their own....
I thought so too, but that's what he claims.
__________________
2000 Cherokee 29BH with 6V batteries, LED lights & 400 watts of solar power, flipped axles and raised. 2007 Tundra 5.7L DC-LB with lots of mods. C-co, 8/158th AVN Maint.
RPAspey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Null
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #30
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Null also.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
thermostat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.