Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
We camped there years ago in our pup while visiting my sister and BIL who live in Davenport. There's a lake there IIRC.
SCP is one of our favorite local campgrounds. You might be thinking of West Lake which part of the Scott County conservation as well and they are only 15 minutes apart (another great local spot.)

Scott County Park
__________________

__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
after all this talk of B47, I have this urge to stand in my office and yell "bingo!"
Very good - The "B47" comes from that was the first airplane I ever worked on in my Active Duty air force career. A beautiful 6 engine jet bomber built by Boeing that many say helped keep the "Cold War" from heating up.

Some of the "youngins" here may not know there was such an airplane, but it was the first airplane (civil or military) that started the underwing podded engine mounting as as well as the 35 degree swept wing design that is common in jet aircraft today.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post

we camped there years ago in our pup while visiting my sister and bil who live in davenport. There's a lake there iirc.
iirc ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #24
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,793
Guess it's your turn to be slow ...

"iirc" = "if I recall correctly".
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Guess it's your turn to be slow ...

"iirc" = "if I recall correctly".
Aaaaaa I read it wrong!
B47-itis

West lake would be correct as qccowboy stated.
Big creek there to! Mississippi creek
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #26
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Guess it's your turn to be slow ...

"iirc" = "if I recall correctly".
Good one - I can't believe Turbs didn't know that one.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #27
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Aaaaaa I read it wrong!
B47-itis

West lake would be correct as qccowboy stated.
Big creek there to! Mississippi creek
Excuses - Excuses
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #28
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Very good - The "B47" comes from that was the first airplane I ever worked on in my Active Duty air force career. A beautiful 6 engine jet bomber built by Boeing that many say helped keep the "Cold War" from heating up.

Some of the "youngins" here may not know there was such an airplane, but it was the first airplane (civil or military) that started the underwing podded engine mounting as as well as the 35 degree swept wing design that is common in jet aircraft today.

Hey, I'm one of those youngins (well sort of) and all the B47 talk had me thinking airplanes.
__________________
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #29
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
Hey, I'm one of those youngins (well sort of) and all the B47 talk had me thinking airplanes.
Well send me a PM and maybe we can talk airplanes.

BTW - I may have inadvertently given the impression to some here that I considered myself to be "real old."

But I am probably not as old as some people here and in no way does it matter to me if I am or not. I take people at face value regardless of their age.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #30
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Well send me a PM and maybe we can talk airplanes.

BTW - I may have inadvertently given the impression to some here that I considered myself to be "real old."

But I am probably not as old as some people here and in no way does it matter to me if I am or not. I take people at face value regardless of their age.
Carefull B ... I have been told I have a face for radio!
__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.