Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   All by myself (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/all-by-myself-101729.html)

dkb74 02-26-2016 08:55 AM

All by myself

Hi, all,

My husband left me several months ago, but we still own our Coachmen Mirada (barely used) that we just bought a year ago. So I am trying to use it as much as I can before we have to sell it.

This weekend will be the first time I'm doing it ALL on my own. Driving it, setting it up, taking it down.

I'm a little bit excited and a little bit terrified.

At least I won't be totally alone, I'll have my daughter and dogs with me, but it sucks not to have my best friend anymore, especially seeing all the other couples at the campground. But we'll get through this!

I hope someday I can get myself a Class C that is sized just right for me. :)

getsum 02-26-2016 09:04 AM

Slow is fast and fast is slow.... In regards to both the rv and your personal life. Things always happen for a reason, you just don't know why yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmtire 02-26-2016 09:07 AM

Darlene, you will do just fine. We have many female campers here who either do it all by themselves or just have ladies weekends. They don't need a man getting in their way of having fun. :D

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. We are all here to learn and help where we can. It's all about sharing.

scootingranny 02-26-2016 09:09 AM

Wishing you the best in your life as well as in your upcoming camping adventure. Hope to see pics of you and the kids sitting around the campfire and I think it's wonderful that you are doing this for them and for yourself.

Flybob 02-26-2016 09:19 AM

Obviously you are well on your way to a successful happy new chapter in your life as you have chosen to continue doing the things that you enjoy even though there has been a major change in your life. This is often the hardest first step. Keep your positive can-do attitude and you will be fine. Remember most campers are still a very friendly helpful family that you can call on if needed.

DreiHunde 02-26-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootingranny (Post 1112871)
Wishing you the best in your life as well as in your upcoming camping adventure. Hope to see pics of you and the kids sitting around the campfire and I think it's wonderful that you are doing this for them and for yourself.

X2! :thumbsup:

My single mother threw me in her 74 Chevy Van and we camped our way across this country from south Florida to the pacific northwest not once but several times! Forty years later those are some of the best memories of BOTH of our lifes!

Treasure your kids and treasure the moment, Life happens too fast not too!!!
:signhavefun:

mjones12 02-26-2016 09:44 AM

You can do this. More power to you.

ColoradoRick 02-26-2016 09:51 AM

So sorry to hear about the marriage and best of luck camping. (Double-check everything!!)

Zhanna 02-26-2016 10:22 AM

>>HUGS<<

Byron in TX 02-26-2016 10:35 AM

My wife left me for the Scuba instructor over 20 years ago. Hilarious now, not so much at the time.

If not for that, I wouldn't have met my current wife of 20+ years and would be living in misery.

As far as setup, we're complete noobs and picking up our Prism RV tomorrow.

Use the forums, ask questions and YouTube can also be your best friend. And don't be shy asking for help.