Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Roo | Shamrock (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   PUGS (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/pugs-103283.html)

Kaboingy 03-18-2016 08:01 PM

PUGS

Are they really worth it? Do they help keep the tent ends warm? Cool? Best place to get them?

deartruc 03-18-2016 08:06 PM

Worth it. Reflect heat silver side up in the summer. And return heat silver side down in spring and fall. Also, keep nature from leavng its mark on the canvas.

bikendan 03-18-2016 08:49 PM

there are literally thousands of PUGs posts here and on other hybrid forums, with at least a 95% approval.
probably even more on popup forums.

if you're handy at sewing, you can buy some of the generic 5x7 versions from numerous sources, about $13 each average and make your own. you'll need 3 to cover two tent ends.

Bob Pitney at PUGs, will even sew velcro on them, for a small price if you want to do that type of attachment.

Bob also has stated that they have tested them and turning the silver side down, in cooler temps, doesn't make any difference than leaving them silver side up.

theengle 03-18-2016 09:37 PM

We use pugs on our 233S throughout the summer months and they definitely help with keeping us cool

deartruc 03-18-2016 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yup. Pus in summer. Labs in Winter

RooVader 03-19-2016 02:22 AM

So worth it.

Drenjoey 03-19-2016 05:01 AM

For me, it depends on where you live, and I never saw the need for them other than keeping the tent ends clean.

1- Camping season in Maine is short
2- Nights are comfortable (never too cold, never too hot)
4- They are ugly and take away the beauty of your hybrid

Boy.....I'm gonna get it !!!!

jking46 03-19-2016 08:47 AM

I don't have pugs. Never had a strong desire to get them, but I am considering doing it. Big question ..... I'm short-5'7" and old-69. Not quite as limber as I used to be. It looks like putting them on would be really hard for me. Am I right, or is it easier than I think?

Mr Havercamp 03-19-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jking46 (Post 1135155)
I don't have pugs. Never had a strong desire to get them, but I am considering doing it. Big question ..... I'm short-5'7" and old-69. Not quite as limber as I used to be. It looks like putting them on would be really hard for me. Am I right, or is it easier than I think?

I have had the super high wind version now for about 7 years on a popup and 2 different hybrids. I think they are worth their weight in gold if your ever going to have a tent end in direct sun.

They can be a challenge sometimes to get on. On a popup you can leave them in place but not on a hybrid. I carry a 4' high Rubbermaid stepladder. If you can go up 3 steps of a small step ladder you shouldn't have too much of a problem with the super high wind version, as you do not need all the spring clamps. Its all attached with shock cord and clips under the bunk.

ROCAMPER 03-19-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp (Post 1135170)
I have had the super high wind version now for about 7 years on a popup and 2 different hybrids. I think they are worth their weight in gold if your ever going to have a tent end in direct sun.

They can be a challenge sometimes to get on. On a popup you can leave them in place but not on a hybrid. I carry a 4' high Rubbermaid stepladder. If you can go up 3 steps of a small step ladder you shouldn't have too much of a problem with the super high wind version, as you do not need all the spring clamps. Its all attached with shock cord and clips under the bunk.

And make sure you get the Velcro on the gizmos to attach to the top of the bunk end. You can get a roll of Velcro with self adhesive to attach to the camper.