Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Roo | Shamrock (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Roo bunk end (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/roo-bunk-end-103727.html)

Bagelman 03-24-2016 07:13 PM

Roo bunk end

Hello everyone I have been lurking since last fall when we purchased a used Rockwood Roo 21ss. Having previously only owned pop ups I was blown away by the trailer and all the features. Needless to say I didn't do my due diligence and got a little taken. Any way to make a long story longer this weekend I will be replacing the rear bunk end and wonder if anyone has experience doing it. I purchased a new one from Forest River along with new seals both inner and outer. The bunk came with the bottom frame not installed as well as a roll of what I would call butyl tape 1" wide x 1/8" thick does any one know what this is for ? BTW it's a 2009. I am looking forward to our first camping trip with our new and what I would call HUGE trailer and any help that you good people can provide thanks.

Mainframe 03-25-2016 06:10 AM

Is there a rain gutter above the door? Maybe the tape goes under there to seal it. I never changed a hybrid door but it seems doable if you have lots of help and take your time. What is your game plan? Did you find any helpful youtube videos? Sounds like something Forest River should do, make a quick video of a tech replacing the bunk end.

How much did it cost to buy the bunk end, also did it have a new tent end with it or is that separate?

Make sure what you are bolting into on the trailer part is solid, you may need repairs behind there if this is all from water damage.

bikendan 03-25-2016 06:21 AM

Years ago, someone on RV.NET's Hybrid forum posted pics and step by step instructions for a Roo bunk door replacement.

Bagelman 03-25-2016 07:16 AM

The bunk end was $330.00 assorted seals $50.00 crating and shipping approx. $150.00(to Grand Island NY) So I don't think price was too much. Yes there was water damage. I removed part of the inner luan and have replaced it. The outside fiberglass is delaminated slightly but I am not going to worry about it. The good thing is the walls are all aluminium framed with styrofoam between so that is solid. I have lots of help so I am hoping it goes smoothly will let you know thanks Gary

Bagelman 03-25-2016 08:11 AM

Sorry tents don't come with it nothing comes with it except a new hinge just a bare bunk no velcro nothing

Crusader 816 03-25-2016 09:44 AM

A little advice when you do it is to be sure to measure how far the hinge is from the edge. Did you get new frame too?

Crusader 816 03-25-2016 09:47 AM

I replaced both bunk ends and the frame too on my 2008. I ask if you got a new frame to because that's where the tape was used on mine. It's not a bad job to do.

jpgowin 03-25-2016 11:16 AM

Who was your point of contact at Forest River for purchase? I have the same year 23ss with front bunk delaminating and leaking. Did they give you a discounted price or was that the going rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockfordroo 03-25-2016 11:51 AM

FYI: Other folks have had the door put in another TT being delivered to a nearby dealer and saved the shipping cost.

Bagelman 03-25-2016 02:48 PM

roo bunk end

The contact person was Sheri Dunlap the price wasn't discounted. I couldn't get a dealer nearby to put it in one of their trailers even the suggestion of it made it seem like I was nuts or maybe that was my perception. Very easy to deal with my wife did it all by email and phone. The bunk came with a frame on three sides the bottom piece(hinge side) is not installed.