Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Roo | Shamrock (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   First trip out Shamrock 23WS (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/first-trip-out-shamrock-23ws-105870.html)

Mainframe 04-16-2016 07:52 AM

First trip out Shamrock 23WS

3 Attachment(s)
Well Finally! We have our first trip out, Erie KOA in Mckean PA.

It is a really nice campground not too far from the Presque Isle State Park peninsula. The Park is a great place to ride bikes and many swim at the beaches in the summer months, they also have a fast food place you can bike to and get lunch or ice cream cones etc.

The camper towed really well, I am about 2 hrs from this campground and the drive seemed to end quickly, I was ready to keep on going LOL! We have 2 maybe 3 big trips planned so I will get plenty of time to drive. Plus we will hit this campground at least 4 more times this year.

All 3 bikes made it here on the bike rack so no problem there, packing up and setting up was pretty uneventful, we plan to get out today and ride bikes a lot and enjoy the lake views.

We traveled through lunch so we stopped for fast food and enjoyed eating in the camper. just not too bad with the slides in while traveling.

Not too much to report other than a ROOKIE mistake I made and hate to admit LOL, I had my 2 tanks filled and loaded them on and put the cover on right before I left, well, I forgot to turn them on! Not much in the fridge other than water and ice so no problem.

Coming from a 17 foot Hybrid we are on La La land here with all this space and storage!
All of you ex POP-up people will be thrilled with your Roo 19s on up!

My son took a shower right before bed and got plenty of water everywhere, I cracked the bathroom vent open a little and ran the Max air on that low walking speed it has and in the morning all was perfectly dry and no water at all on the bunk ends!

I think night temps were 47 is and with the furnace on 70 and the heated matresses
it was really cozy in here.

Here are a couple of pics of out first trip and thanks to all on the forrum for all the tips!
On a side note I am including a pic from last weekend in Tionesta PA at our cabin, what a difference a week can make!

Feasba 04-16-2016 08:08 AM

Nice! Enjoy!

Feasba 04-16-2016 08:14 AM

How did water get everywhere? Don't you have the glass shower door enclosures?

MiCamper6 04-16-2016 08:33 AM

Looks great! Wishing we were camoing this beautiful weekend but it just isn't in the cards. Enjoy that beautiful hybrid!!

Papa-t 04-16-2016 09:14 AM

Glad your having a great trip. Great looking unit. Enjoy the memories because they will go by fast.

Mainframe 04-16-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feasba (Post 1166277)
How did water get everywhere? Don't you have the glass shower door enclosures?

My question exactly LOL! I just took my shower and not a drop anywhere?

When I questioned him he didn't know how it happened! But he mentioned later the water got cold LOL! (I think he bailed out quickly!) 12 year olds-Yikes! But actually he is a good one. (so far) I will have to go over using the shower with him next time LOL.

What a beautiful morning it is!

Also I wanted to mention just for fun I put the antenna up and did a scan, got all the major over the air networks in strong! I get cable free and will try it later.

WOW this camper is nice!

CaptnJohn 04-16-2016 09:56 AM

That brought back memories! I used to run Charters out of Geneva but often fished PI. Had the district office in Erie for quite some time. Had a camp north of Tionesta for years and my brother has one on rt 666. We spent many weekends at the Mercer/Grove City KOA back then. Thank you ~~

SeaDog 04-16-2016 10:46 AM

Nice to hear you are having fun instead of problems. I turn my frig on the day before I'm leaving something to consider.

Mainframe 04-16-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaDog (Post 1166414)
Nice to hear you are having fun instead of problems. I turn my frig on the day before I'm leaving something to consider.

Yes, I did have it on runing from the house a day ahead, and I usually check it when I unplug it to haul it but this time I didn't, so I didn't notice the tanks were off, I won't forget that again! LOL

54554wis 04-16-2016 11:30 AM

Thanks so much for the trip report, and love the pics. You've got us excited as we pick up our new 23ws on the 27th. Keep the pics coming, and congrats on the new Roo.