Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Roo | Shamrock (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   F i n a l l y !!!!!! (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/f-i-n-a-l-l-y-108615.html)

Drenjoey 05-19-2016 03:37 PM

F i n a l l y !!!!!!

We've been looking at our new 23ws since late October, and the time has finally come for us to make our first camping trip.
It will be a weekend only , but that will give us a chance to check everything. That hybrid is still winterized !!!!!

Dre :campfire:

Mainframe 05-19-2016 04:13 PM

Great! Enjoy! Hope all goes well!

Dannimal 05-19-2016 05:35 PM

Have fun! Remember it isn't a successful trip until you break or lose something!

Teamfour 05-19-2016 06:29 PM

And when you break or lose something just shake it off and continue to have fun.

delaware dave 05-20-2016 01:42 PM

Roo 23WS

I have been looking at Roo 23ws for a year. I think they offer some of the best features on the market. I plan to buy one in August or Sept. Love to hear from you about your first time out and all you other Roo 23WS owners - How do you like your expandable, and what problems should I be aware of? Thanks

RollingDownTheHighway 05-20-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannimal (Post 1200177)
Have fun! Remember it isn't a successful trip until you break or lose something!

or you get to the CG and realize that your bins that has your power cable, sewer hoses, fresh water hose, etc. are still at the house sitting on the ground next to the empty spot that the camper was sitting because you had to pull it out to take out old chairs and put new ones in but never put the bins back in.

Good times there. . .

bikendan 05-20-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delaware dave (Post 1201013)
Love to hear from you about your first time out and all you other Roo 23WS owners - How do you like your expandable, and what problems should I be aware of? Thanks

Dave, if you didn't know, the 23WS is a re-worked 23SS, for this model year.
So any 23SS owner could also give you feedback.

Glindz233s 05-20-2016 05:27 PM

Awesome! Just got back from our 1st trip of the yet. Fixed a thing or two, added a thing or two, broke a thing (or 2)!:roflblack:

jgourlie 05-21-2016 01:05 AM

First trip is always a fun one

Drenjoey 05-21-2016 05:12 AM

It's Saturday morning, and we're at the campground....
As I mentioned in previous posts, this is our third hybrid, and by far the best one. It's got everything we wished.
The whole setup took about 15 minutes (tent ends, slide out, sewer hose etc etc). Joline doing the work inside, and I took care of the outside.

1-Amazing how easy it is to set up the tent ends.....bring down the doors, install the poles inside and it's done.

2-Started the water heater (electric.....wow! A saving of propane), but it wasn't working. Read the brochure and found out there is a switch to turn on at the tank

3-The shower is great..... More room, glass doors, and if you never tried an oxygenic shower head, go buy one. You will love it!

Everything worked as expected beside one minor issues that I will take care of. At the campground, we had television cable. I set up the tv and programmed the channels, but nothing was coming in. Next step I did was to bring the cable from the outside post and connect it directly to the TV, and programmed again...... It worked.
The problem (I presume) is between the exterior cable connection on the hybrid, and the antenna booster switch outlet behind the television. Will check it out when you go back home.

Other than that, what a nice camper the 23ws is !