Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Welcome Mat (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   My wife said she will teach me! (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/my-wife-said-she-will-teach-me-111088.html)

waltdk 06-18-2016 12:49 PM

My wife said she will teach me!

Hi. My wife and I just bought a 2009 Lexington Class B 255 DS.

The only camping I ever did was with a tent but my wife has had RVs in the past. I am sure I will like it and my wife said she will teach me all about RVing.

I think I am going to be on here a lot asking for help. This seems like a great site.

Have a great day.

Walt & Heather

CarpeDiem 06-18-2016 01:05 PM

With you wife's help it will be easy! The biggest difference between a tent and an RV is the A/C :signhavefun:

Dbt803 06-18-2016 08:02 PM

Congratulations and welcome to rving. Safe travels!
Debbie

asquared 06-18-2016 08:22 PM

Hello and welcome. Lots of teachers and students on the forums here.

jgourlie 06-18-2016 08:30 PM

Welcome to the forum from Canada

Crusadernoob 06-18-2016 08:43 PM

Welcome! Same ol story, another wife that knows it all, at least you have accepted that fact! Enjoy your adventure.

asquared 06-18-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusadernoob (Post 1231800)
Welcome! Same ol story, another wife that knows it all, at least you have accepted that fact! Enjoy your adventure.

Hey now... I resemble that remark. :roflblack: I taught my DH how to tow and back both a tt and a fiver.

Brother Les 06-18-2016 09:39 PM

1) Listen to your wife and you will have a good head start.

2) we are only here IF (and only IF) your wife is very very unsure and she gives you permission for The Both of you to ask a question.

3) When the question is answered and your wife thinks that the answer is 'ok', then go with the wife.... If she does not think that it is an 'ok' answer... then work together to find the answer that is good in her (and your) eyes.

Enjoy your new camper, do not rush, and listen to your wife, because she is the co-pilot.... and it is the co-pilot that tells the pilot what to do....

:thumbsup:

Crusadernoob 06-18-2016 09:54 PM

I can see where this thread is going! My wife, bless her heart, she's got all the answers, BUT, when it comes to driving, she won't do it, it's too bad, someday something WILL happen to me and she'll need to get home. Anyhow, she's the navigator, I even give her printed directions on where we are going, all she needs to do is read them in order. I can't tell you how many times we got lost, well, not lost, just on a road that we've never been on before! Good times! Oh the memories.

CarpeDiem 06-19-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusadernoob (Post 1231842)
I can see where this thread is going! My wife, bless her heart, she's got all the answers, BUT, when it comes to driving, she won't do it, it's too bad, someday something WILL happen to me and she'll need to get home. Anyhow, she's the navigator, I even give her printed directions on where we are going, all she needs to do is read them in order. I can't tell you how many times we got lost, well, not lost, just on a road that we've never been on before! Good times! Oh the memories.

Funny, my DW talks about driving every time we go somewhere. (In case something ever happens to you"). But whenever I ask her if she wants to learn I hear, "not now, but soon".

It actually happened years ago as her father got sick on the road and her mom had to drive a through the Appalachians to get home. As I recall, it was about a 12' pop up behind a Pinto!