Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Stocking a new RV (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/stocking-a-new-rv-111329.html)

jode246 06-21-2016 11:06 AM

Stocking a new RV

New Oasis 310K TT comes next week, now it's time to stock up! I've seen the lists and will use them as a guide, but please tell me what's missing from them. What do you stock your RV with that others haven't thought of.

timfromma 06-21-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jode246 (Post 1234070)
New Oasis 310K TT comes next week, now it's time to stock up! I've seen the lists and will use them as a guide, but please tell me what's missing from them. What do you stock your RV with that others haven't thought of.

Are you talking about inside stuff like groceries and cooking utensils or outside stuff like sewer hoses and leveling blocks?

zuterbru 06-21-2016 12:36 PM

Everything and anything you can, you are setting up another house for yourself. Buy new for the house and move old stuff to the camper, I would start with pots and pans. While stocking the camper, think about multiple uses for things. Do you need a 5 quart pot and a 5 quart mixing bowl? Can you use the mixing bowl to boil potato's? No... But you can use a 5 quart pot to make a salad. Stuff like that.... The less you have to remove to use in the house, and then put back in the camper the easier your trip prep will be. As you use it you will figure out what you have to have and what you dont need. I pull everything out in the spring, clean and if I did not use it last year think about if I am putting it back in the camper or not.

jode246 06-21-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timfromma (Post 1234149)
Are you talking about inside stuff like groceries and cooking utensils or outside stuff like sewer hoses and leveling blocks?

Either, we're first timers!

Ford Idaho 06-21-2016 03:04 PM

One two quart pot.
One 12 inch electric skillet.
Coleman Road trip grill.
Coffee pot.
Toaster.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cture13473.jpg

If I can not cook it with the above it's time to eat out.

Mars 06-21-2016 03:27 PM

The must have in my opinion:
Stinky slinky extension and couplings
Extra drinking water hose or at least a 50Ft. one
RV extension cord
A 3-4 step, step ladder
Broom and dust pan
Good medium size cooler to leave outside.
Some king of grill.

BamaBob 06-21-2016 03:36 PM

An Electrical Management System is a Must: Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea
A GOOD sewer hose (RhinoFlex or WasteMaster)

uhduh camping 06-21-2016 03:44 PM

Patience!;) You might need some of that at some point. Tire changing tools that work. Maybe even spare tire if not equipped.

Wiscampsin 06-21-2016 04:04 PM

I'll add to the list water pressure regulator, spare fuses, well stocked 1st aid kit, wheel chocks, portable weather radio with S.A.M.E technology.

Hutch333id 06-21-2016 04:29 PM

For outside, definitely a Progressive Industries EMS. A decent sewer pipe, not the freebie the RV dealer will give you and make it look like he's doing you a huge favour. An extension for the sewer hose. Two lengths of water supply hose. If you have a 30 amp supply, an adaptor that will also allow you to plug in to 15/20amp. If you're getting a rig with a 50 amp supply, get a 50/30 pig tail. Step ladders, small, self contained tool kit. A brush to wash/wipe the dead bugs from the nose of your rig and a hose for rinsing it off. Water pressure regulator and a 'Y' adaptor for the water supply (that way you don't need to disconnect the supply hose to rinse the RV. A decent spirit level so you can see when the RV is parked level. Consider an electric nose jack if this is a TT.

For inside, keep it simple and have as much as you can with a dual purpose as others have mentioned. Much of what you need or want to take will very much depend on the type of camping/RVing that you do. If you're dry camping without power, little point in having an electric stove or toaster. On the other hand if, like us, you look for places with FHU, then yes buy an electric powered ring to cook on and a toaster to use instead of cooking on gas. Our plates, dishes and cups tend to be the lightweight correll type that can resist knocks. Knives, forks & spoons are what we've taken from the house and replaced with a new set.

Food wise, we keep some staples in the RV at all times - pasta, sauce, rice, some dried veg (peas, mash potato), canned chilli, that sort of thing - just in case. Oh, a few bottles of water, just in case the CG has poor water quality.