Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Windows, Awnings & Doors (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f228/)
-   -   leaking front window (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f228/leaking-front-window-115284.html)

lynnzee33 08-08-2016 04:06 AM

leaking front window

I just purchased a 2017 microlite and after a hard rain I went into camper and the nightstand by bed on right side had a pool of water on it. The front window doesn't open, does anyone have any suggestions what might have caused or do you think I have a bad window seal? Its only 2 weeks old.
Thanks

ilmor 08-08-2016 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnzee33 (Post 1283616)
I just purchased a 2017 microlite and after a hard rain I went into camper and the nightstand by bed on right side had a pool of water on it. The front window doesn't open, does anyone have any suggestions what might have caused or do you think I have a bad window seal? Its only 2 weeks old.
Thanks

If possible, try doing your own water test using a hose with a sprayer. One person outside spraying and one inside looking. See if you can determine where the leak is.

Mars 08-08-2016 05:17 AM

Just another victim of poor quality control. Get it fix ASAP.

lynnzee33 08-08-2016 05:23 AM

I thought it was too but didn't know if I was missing something. Called dealer and they said I need to blow out my weep hole (not sure what that is) that it may be clogged, I asked how if I just got it and it and I haven't even camped yet.

ilmor 08-08-2016 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnzee33 (Post 1283628)
I thought it was too but didn't know if I was missing something. Called dealer and they said I need to blow out my weep hole (not sure what that is) that it may be clogged, I asked how if I just got it and it and I haven't even camped yet.

If you look closely at the rubber seal or frame around your window, you will see tiny holes (may be rectangular) at the bottom. Make sure these are clear. Mother nature can get them clogged since these things are always outside. If they look clear then that isn't the problem.

SecurityRich 10-03-2016 10:05 PM

MicroLite DS21 Leaky front window

2 Attachment(s)
I have the same problem! Found the Head of the bed and the pillow wet. It had been raining quite hard all day. I believe the cause is the brackets that are riveted along the bottom of the window to latch the cover closed. They don't seen to have any kind of caulking on or under them. I may drill out the rivets and put some sealant under them then screw them down. Rivets just seem to be an opportunity for a leak.

thecigarmann 11-01-2017 11:08 PM

Yesterday, I had the front cap/roof seam, left corner trim and a running light fixture resealed. Checked trailer today after the rain started and I still have a leak. Last month I replaced the rubber seal on the outside perimeter of the front window. The rubber seal had pulled into in that same corner.

I have a leak on the left side in the area right under one of those L-shaped brackets that lock the front window cover in the down position. I suspect the pop rivots and/or the holes are allowing a slow leak. I am going to apply some clear silicone over the area to see if this will stop the leak.

Good luck to me.:thumbsup: