Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Rockwood (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   First camping trip in TT (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/first-camping-trip-in-tt-12604.html)

Samary 05-02-2011 05:13 PM

First camping trip in TT

First weekend camping in the trailer and I love it!
Only one issue, the air bed in the pull out couch doesn't stay inflated through the night. Can't wait for the next trip out!

Happy Camping!!

grhodes50 05-02-2011 06:41 PM

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

There's a couple of things about the air mattress. When new they often "stretch". It can sometimes take a few trips before it holds air. If it continues, you can try placing a piece of cling wrap under the cap found at the foot of the mattress. Sometimes they leak a little.

Good luck and happy camping!

Herk7769 05-02-2011 07:01 PM

Some person "unknown" :rolleyes: pinched ours when "they" folded up the couch after use. If you don't fold the sides of the mattress to the center, it can be pinched when folding the back of the sofa up.

Look carefully for a small "pinch" hole on top by the sides .
Ours was in the "nappy" part.

I used a bicycle tire patch kit to make a repair.

Let most all the air out. You don't want to glue the top and bottom of the matteress together.
I scrubbed the area well beyond the large (about 1 inch) round patch and used plenty of cement.

Follow the directions on the card.

MAKE SURE THE GLUE IS DRY BUT DO NOT TOUCH IT WHERE THE PATCH GOES.

Peal off the bottom plastic and press on hard. Rub all air out.
Peal off top plastic and let the whole thing cure for 24 hours.

It should hold air just fine. Ours did and we are not lightweights.

Samary 05-02-2011 07:14 PM

Great ideas, thanks!

This is probably not covered under the warranty then huh?

I seen what you mean herk when I did put it away the first time, not sure I like the folding it up within the couch I may just put it back in the storage bag going forward. My daughter said it was pretty comfortable before her hip hit the bar.

Happy Camping!

grhodes50 05-02-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samary (Post 100780)
Great ideas, thanks!

This is probably not covered under the warranty then huh?

I seen what you mean herk when I did put it away the first time, not sure I like the folding it up within the couch I may just put it back in the storage bag going forward. My daughter said it was pretty comfortable before her hip hit the bar.

Happy Camping!

The air mattress is covered under warranty and you can get it replaced. Sometimes that can be a bit of a hassel and a long wait.
Some consider the mattresses that you find at places like wal mart are just as good or better. Just do what is best for you.
The main thing is, get out there and enjoy!

Koodog 05-02-2011 07:35 PM

I liked ours so well it replaced the mattress on the bed. Way more comfortable and easier to lift up bed to access space under it. I probably will miss the bed heater, but the tradeoffs are well worth it.
The couch went out also and new swivel/recliners came in.

Herk7769 05-02-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samary (Post 100780)
I seen what you mean herk when I did put it away the first time, not sure I like the folding it up within the couch I may just put it back in the storage bag going forward.

Storage bag? If I was still speaking to my dealer I would look into this. :mad:

Glenn5995 05-03-2011 05:48 AM

Glad all went well for you other than the air bed issue.

SCannon 05-03-2011 10:47 PM

That first trip is golden and sets the stage for many more wonderful adventures. The airbag issue will fade and you probably won't do that again:crying:

Enjoy and safe camping

annamarie 05-19-2011 12:09 PM

Recliners

We are thinking of replacing our couch for recliners too. How did you remove the couch? Was it screwed to the floor. And also where did you get the recliners ordered from, to fit where the couch was? Thank you for your help. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koodog (Post 100785)
I liked ours so well it replaced the mattress on the bed. Way more comfortable and easier to lift up bed to access space under it. I probably will miss the bed heater, but the tradeoffs are well worth it.
The couch went out also and new swivel/recliners came in.