Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Dynamax (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Ceiling stains? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f240/ceiling-stains-153127.html)

judy3972 02-13-2018 11:01 PM

Ceiling stains?

Anyone have a problem with ceiling stains? The stains will not wash off.
Took our unit into the dealer as I thought that we might have a roof leak.
Dealer said no it was the glue used on the ceiling panels.
Trying to get approval to remedy the problem for over 5 months.
This is not just one area but all over and it will effect resale value.
What say you.

vrunner 02-13-2018 11:20 PM

Do the stains come off at all or lighten with cleaning? If it's from the back of the ceiling material it will not come off. Pictures?

rskeans 02-13-2018 11:28 PM

Test an area first, but try a spray bottle with bleach.

judy3972 02-13-2018 11:30 PM

Cleaning does nothing at all.
The lighting in the motorhome does not show the stains fully. They are brownish in color and iregular in shape. And not located in just one area but all over. When we got the motorhome they were not in evidence.
Just wondering if anyone else has or had this happen and what was the end solution.

Go UK 02-14-2018 07:32 AM

You would have to find out what was used as an adhesive. If contact cement, try contact cement cleaner. Once you find out what was used, the web will be full of suggestions.

dlfishing 02-14-2018 09:38 AM

We get water spots on the ceiling sometimes when we retract the slides after a heavy rain. DW uses Clorox wipes to clean.

bclemens 02-14-2018 12:27 PM

50/50 bleach mixture. The ceiling is soft touch vinyl, so the color is all the way through (as opposed to a printed or dyed material). You can even try 25% diluted to start.

MasterBlaster 02-14-2018 08:09 PM

Ours has them also, DW has tried many things but never the bleach and water, As per bclemens we will try that and see if it helps.

RV Randy 02-15-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judy3972 (Post 1730909)
Anyone have a problem with ceiling stains? The stains will not wash off.
Took our unit into the dealer as I thought that we might have a roof leak.
Dealer said no it was the glue used on the ceiling panels.
Trying to get approval to remedy the problem for over 5 months.
This is not just one area but all over and it will effect resale value.
What say you.

Ours has those stains too. It is going through dealership pre-PDI as we speak. They have it in their trim shop where the guys do nothing but cleaning & finishing, hopefully they can get it off. I will let them know about the 50/50 bleach recommendation and let everyone know the results.

bclemens 02-15-2018 11:50 AM

For the life of me I can't figure out what they are.

We have poured every single chemical that we use on our stuff...and nothing.

It looks to me like antifreeze got splattered...but we blow everything out. We got one step closer with sseaner's unit. There was a pink stain that crossed a light where it was yellow. So we know its not glue...it was something on the surface. We're not seeing it here (but I will inspect again). We see it only after it goes to the dealer. So maybe dealers are using something?

Where is the Mystery Machine when you need it.