Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Modifications and Updates (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f68/)
-   -   Sticker Shock! (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f68/sticker-shock-15443.html)

youroo 08-07-2011 09:49 AM

Sticker Shock!
 
We were just at the F/R factory and while talking about all the (warning stickers) on the units,they said we get one more,on the bumper, to warn about add ons & weight , our unit came from the Fac. looking like a Nascar Race Car with all of those stickers on it already! Dont tell the FEDs,but I removed the tags on the mattress & swivel chairs also!!:) Youroo!!;)

jackhartjr 08-07-2011 10:06 AM

What is your address, I am from the National Anti Sticker on Mattress Board, I have to come to your house, drink all your beer, take your first born male child, eat all you chips, and get a check for a ga-zillion dollars. We will not put up with such dastardly deeds!
Actually the tags can be taken off by the end consumer.
I took a bunch of them off too!
Jack

cfsoistman 08-07-2011 11:22 AM

I especially liked the Smoke Detector sticker right next to the smoke detector. So that's what the thing is!!! It was Crooked and Wrinkled. Best part is the stinker adhesive would not come off the ceiling with alcohol. I had to use Goo Gone but that left a shiney look to the area where I used it. I also have a nice Antenna Sticker next to the Antenna crank inside. At least that one was straight.

grhodes50 08-07-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackhartjr (Post 123633)
What is your address, I am from the National Anti Sticker on Mattress Board, I have to come to your house, drink all your beer, take your first born male child, eat all you chips, and get a check for a ga-zillion dollars. We will not put up with such dastardly deeds!Jack

Do what you gotta do. Just don't pet his dog!!!!! :roflblack:

HomeGrown 08-07-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grhodes50 (Post 123645)
Do what you gotta do. Just don't pet his dog!!!!! :roflblack:

There's GOT to be a story behind that comment! :D

essness 08-12-2011 06:55 AM

Personally, I think we need to do away with “consumer product safety warnings” all together. My take on it is, if you think it’s ok to turn on the stove and then go find a match, warm up the car in a closed garage, or if you need to blow dry your hair, curl your hair, or make toast while you’re actually in the shower, I’m ok with that.
It ultimately just makes my drive to work that much safer:thumbsup:

Herk7769 08-12-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essness (Post 124706)
Personally, I think we need to do away with “consumer product safety warnings” all together. My take on it is, if you think it’s ok to turn on the stove and then go find a match, warm up the car in a closed garage, or if you need to blow dry your hair, curl your hair, or make toast while you’re actually in the shower, I’m ok with that.
It ultimately just makes my drive to work that much safer:thumbsup:

Times two. "Stupid is as stupid does." Forest Gump

Now if only juries could be convinced that a courtroom is not a lottery where the winner and his entire extended family are set for life; we might have a chance. Reasonable settlements for injuries would eliminate the "Point this end away from you" engravings on gun barrels.

Ovair 08-12-2011 07:16 AM

Wow! I was just having this conversation at work yesterday. A warning on a blow dryer to not use it while taking a bath - seriously? What has happened to people?

DF5.4 08-12-2011 07:30 AM

Don't operate heavy machinery after use on sleeping pills. The "HOT" warning on the coffee cups. Those rediculous warnings are there because are there because someone did whatever the warning is for. All they do is delay someone getting their nomination for a Darwin Award.:D

essness 08-12-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herk7769 (Post 124710)
Times two. "Stupid is as stupid does." Forest Gump

Now if only juries could be convinced that a courtroom is not a lottery where the winner and his entire extended family are set for life; we might have a chance. Reasonable settlements for injuries would eliminate the "Point this end away from you" engravings on gun barrels.

This really goes more to the folks in charge of the court systems. Remember, a judge has to review the case and decide if it has "merit" before it can even make it to trial.

I had lunch at a place outside Austin, TX. The styrofoam to go cups had warnings on them for the contents possibly being hot, cold, luke warm (if you do not drink it in an appropriate amount of time). And most importantly, "THIS END UP!". :roflblack:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.