Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Berkshire (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Berkshire 390BH Entrance Door (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/berkshire-390bh-entrance-door-16047.html)

RnR 08-29-2011 09:00 PM

Berkshire 390BH Entrance Door

On my last trip during heavy rain my entrance door leaked at particular times. As I was driving the door seemed to break seal and water would pour in from the top of the door. I took it to the dealer, they adjusted the door but when I washed it I noticed the same problem. I'll be taking back to the dealer after our Labor Day trip.
Have any of you Berkshire or any other owner experienced this problem? If so what was the solution to fix it?

RoamingEngineer 08-30-2011 10:24 PM

I've not had a problem with leaks but my door has an annoying rattle that I can't seem to pinpoint.

06nighttrain 08-31-2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoamingEngineer (Post 128870)
I've not had a problem with leaks but my door has an annoying rattle that I can't seem to pinpoint.

I haven't experienced a leak either, but like Roaming Engineer, I have a rattle that will try your nerves.

RnR 08-31-2011 06:57 AM

So far I don't have a door rattle, but an inrush of water while you're driving will get your attention. Visual appearance all looks well. I think it happens when the coach sways and breaks the seal.

tmmar 08-31-2011 09:16 AM

I too have a rattle. I think that the problem may be the arm at the top of the door that prevents the door from opening past 90 degrees. I put a piece of velcro (the fuzzy side) on the top of the door where the joint of the 2 pieces of the arm is over the door top. It seems to help somewhat but you need to keep an eye on the velcro. It tends to bunch up and keep the hinge from closing all the way.

I think that another source of the rattle is the bottom cover on the awning arm. It is not very tight and may rattle when travelling.

RoamingEngineer 09-01-2011 06:41 PM

My rattle is somewhere near the top too. I spent one trip sticking paper towel in/on/under everything that moves or could rub. I still couldn't figure out where it's coming from or have any affect on the rattle.

Odd thing is that it completely 100% stopped one day for no apparent reason but returned a day later.

The rattle sounds exactly like someone is jiggling the door handle from the outside. However, the sound isn't coming from anywhere near the door handle and I taped down the door handle once just as a sanity check.

I too think it might be coming from the awning but it really sounds like it is coming from the door itself.

ruffis 09-07-2011 10:56 PM

First time responding so here goes! I've got an off-again on-again wind whistle from my 2011 390BH door at & above 60 mph. Water entry is also a problem but its the noise that makes life miserable. The dealer has replaced the seals (helped a bit), adjusted the hinges etc. and have informed the door manufacturer of the situation. they are "working on it"- with no follow up for the past two months. The dealership is going to give me an e-mail address for these folks and I will also contact Forest River. I'll keep you posted as I now realize I'm not alone here. Ruffis

RnR 09-08-2011 12:44 PM

I'll be taking the RV to the dealer Friday for another try of fixing the entrance door leak, hopefully they will get fixed this time. I also have a leveling jack hydraulic leak that they falied to fix on the last visit maybe this will get corrected also. I'll post the fix when they are finished.

langeraf 09-08-2011 04:19 PM

I have a 2010 390BH and also have the whistling noise...it is not too bad, but it does make a difference since it would be whisper quite in there without that whistle.

I also had a problem with the jacks. The Freighliner guys found a bad seal and rep,aced it under warranty...hopefully that takes care of the problem, not sure if it is related, but I have had a few times where the air bags didn't fully inflate and I had to drop and pick up the jacks to get them to fully inflate.

amy8194 09-09-2011 01:11 PM

One thing to be sure of on the door issue, these doors have a double latch system...make sure you pull the door hard enough too get into the second latch..we learned this speaking with PTL the door mfg.