Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Exterior Maintenance | Roofs, Sealing, Covers & Vents (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f227/)
-   -   Moisture (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f227/moisture-172615.html)

Panhandler 10-18-2018 08:11 PM

Moisture

I am getting moisture around the seatbelt bolt under the dinette seat. Does the bolt go all the way through the floor? Freelander 29 qb 2013

Panhandler 10-19-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panhandler (Post 1953292)
I am getting moisture around the seatbelt bolt under the dinette seat. Does the bolt go all the way through the floor? Freelander 29 qb 2013

Thought it would repost since I didnít get any responses can i seal it from underneath

AquaMan 10-19-2018 09:05 AM

The seatbelt bolt more than likely goes all the way through. When you say "moisture", is there standing water or just damp? It could be that the bolt is sweating from the change in temps (although I'm not sure where you are locaed).

Panhandler 10-19-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1953596)
The seatbelt bolt more than likely goes all the way through. When you say "moisture", is there standing water or just damp? It could be that the bolt is sweating from the change in temps (although I'm not sure where you are locaed).

There is corrosion around the bolts it goes up along the cloth part of the seatbelt. Not sure if it is mound but it looks like some type of corrosion no standing water

Panhandler 10-19-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panhandler (Post 1953601)
There is corrosion around the bolts it goes up along the cloth part of the seatbelt. Not sure if it is mound but it looks like some type of corrosion no standing water

I looked under unit and do not see any bolts or nuts in that area

AquaMan 10-19-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panhandler (Post 1953601)

My guess is that the metal of the bolt and belt attachment is just sweating from changes in temp. You could cover the bottom side of the bolt with spray foam to insulate, may or may not help.

Panhandler 10-19-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panhandler (Post 1953607)
I looked under unit and do not see any bolts or nuts in that area

After further investigation the dinette seat I am looking at has discoloration all along the bottom of the wooden back. The back of the dinette is behind the passenger seat. I am wondering if there May be water intrusion where the cab of the truck meets the body of the camper(this is a class C Motorhome.
Do you know how the two are attached?

Panhandler 10-19-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panhandler (Post 1954005)
After further investigation the dinette seat I am looking at has discoloration all along the bottom of the wooden back. The back of the dinette is behind the passenger seat. I am wondering if there May be water intrusion where the cab of the truck meets the body of the camper(this is a class C Motorhome.
Do you know how the two are attached?

I have called Coachman with no call back since 10am