Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Prime Time (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/)
-   -   Cold Bathroom! - Tracer 2670BHS (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/cold-bathroom-tracer-2670bhs-17498.html)

dapersico 10-24-2011 09:50 AM

Cold Bathroom! - Tracer 2670BHS

Went camping this past weekend and the temperatures dropped at night to about 30's. The camper stayed very comfortable but the bathroom was extremely cold! There is one vent under the tub but it seems like very little air comes out and it doesn't get hardly warm at all.

Any ideas?

Dwayne

sfrye5853 10-24-2011 10:06 AM

I wondered about that. We have the same one vent. Last camping trip we were on the temps got down in the low 50's, but the bathroom was still OK.

Dave_Monica 10-24-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapersico (Post 141110)
the bathroom was extremely cold!

Dwayne

Plug in an electric heater.

We always use electric heaters as much as the sites' service will allow and only run the furnace if necessary. It's very difficult to balance the temperature throughout the camper using the furnace as the only source.

I'm assuming that you also have the bathroom roof vent open a bit.

Dave

cfsoistman 10-24-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapersico (Post 141110)
Went camping this past weekend and the temperatures dropped at night to about 30's. The camper stayed very comfortable but the bathroom was extremely cold! There is one vent under the tub but it seems like very little air comes out and it doesn't get hardly warm at all.

Any ideas?

Dwayne

Are you sure it's a heat vent? It should have a flex duct attached to it. If so it may have come apart. I've seen some that were actually used as an access to the trap and leaving it open helped to keep the trap from freezing during cold weather camping.

Dave_Monica 10-24-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfsoistman (Post 141136)
Are you sure it's a heat vent? It should have a flex duct attached to it. If so it may have come apart. I've seen some that were actually used as an access to the trap and leaving it open helped to keep the trap from freezing during cold weather camping.

Good point.

Had that in our Rockwood 2605 TT. There was a removable vent cover on the lower wall of the tub enclosure that was access to valves for the low point drains.

Dave

HondoPatrick 10-24-2011 08:58 PM

Daper,

We have the 2670 also and our bathroom is the coldest part of the travel trailer while running the air conditioner or furnace. I do get a pretty good amount of heat coming out of the vent you're referring to while running the furnace, but I leave the ceiling vent cracked at all times. For us, a little colder works as it keeps my lovely wife from falling asleep on the toilet! :roflblack:

LadyWindrider 10-24-2011 11:04 PM

You might have to leave the bathroom door open at night. We do, to keep our bathroom warm. No heat vents in it at all, and when the door is shut, it stays cold.

flyrotor 10-26-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondoPatrick (Post 141228)
Daper,

We have the 2670 also and our bathroom is the coldest part of the travel trailer while running the air conditioner or furnace. I do get a pretty good amount of heat coming out of the vent you're referring to while running the furnace, but I leave the ceiling vent cracked at all times. For us, a little colder works as it keeps my lovely wife from falling asleep on the toilet! :roflblack:

That's funny, had to look twice to see if I was in the Jokes and Humor section....

BuffaloOkies 03-21-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondoPatrick (Post 141228)
Daper,

I have same model. When furnace is on, cool air blows out from the vent under tub. Anyone know of a fix?

cfsoistman 03-21-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloOkies (Post 172033)
I have same model. When furnace is on, cool air blows out from the vent under tub. Anyone know of a fix?

I wonder if the flex line that's attached to that outlet is insulated? or the insulation is missing allowing the cold to drop the temperature of the air coming out of the duct? Is the flex duct visible anywhere?

:welcomesign: to the Forums. I'm sure someone with the same unit will have a solution for you.